Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i went back and double triple checked every connection and i still have 9-11 psi of FP I do have the mechanical guage and how its mounted i am wondering if the flow of the fuel isn't maybe sucking the diaphram in a little?? could that be happening?? and i have also thrown around the thought of where i placed the draw straw it is sucking the mesh into it from inside the tank cause it to have lower FP, my next question is is there a mesh lining in the tank near where the stock pick up is?? I know on gassers they have them on the bottom of the sending unit but does a diesel, my draw straw is on the pass side of tank kiddy corner to the stock pick up anyone have any info on this for me? I am thinking of dropping the tank and pulling out the stock pick up and looking inside but don't want to if i don't have to

·
Registered
470 Posts
Stock pick up just extends straight down. The screen on the bottom of it is no bigger the the top of the pick up where it comes out of the tank. Don't see how your draw straw could possibly bother it.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok cause i can't figure out why the hell i'm not reading 15 psi i did everyhting by the book don't have any fuel leaks i just can't figure it out, in the morning when its cold its at about 8.5 9 in the afternoon its about 11psi FP do you think my guage is bad?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Could be the gauge, did you have any problem with gauge before Airdog. When installing draw straw did you have to cut it to proper length. Call Airdog and talk to them, tell them you would like the pressure up a little higher, they may have a spring or shim kit for the bypass regulator.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The guage went on a couple of days after the airdog so never had problems with the guage, yes i did have to cut the draw straw and i put a 1/2" 90* plastic elbow on the bottome of it to keep it from sucking on the bottom of the tank

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So i feel stupid, I called Toby at PureFlow and he told me how to shim it, i put in three washers and the pressure on the gauge moved .5psi so i said f it, and drove i finally decided my guage was bad and bought a guage at the hardware store today, put it in and it read 24!!!!! i was like well that solves i took out 2 washers and it now reads 18psi steady, now my question is did i do anything bad to my pump with the pressure that high?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts