Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

WHAT TO DO???

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I Am Totally Dumbfounded. Im The Guy Who Alway Stuffed 37's Under A Leveling Kit On Factory Wheels Or I Had A 4.5" Fabtech And 37" Bfg Muds On These Same 18" 4.5" Backspacing Wheels With No Problems. I Just Ordered A Set Of Brand New 35 12.50 Toyo Open Countrys And Put Them On The 18" Procomp 6001 Wheels 4.5" Backspacing And With My 2" Leveling Kit They Wont Fit ON MY NEW MEGA CAB. I Tried Them On My Dads Megacab W/3" Leveling Kit (spacer) And They Wont Fit His Either. How And The He** To You Guys Run 35's On Offset Wheels Without Alot Of Lift? What Should I Do?

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Would longer control arms do the trick??

·
Registered
228 Posts
Would longer control arms do the trick??
X2 (was thinking same thing, 1/2 fwd. arms will bring the front back to stock)

If your dad doesnt have arms the 3" should be worse than your 2"

·
Premium Member
6,240 Posts
i know you can buy a little longer control are that pushed the front axle fwd .5-1" an that might help you fit them in there

·
A Couple Diesels
3,099 Posts
are you sure the rims are the correct ones?

Doesn't sound like it to me..... What is hitting and how much/badly?

I have dc-1 (dick cepec) and the tires stick out 2-3" past the fenderline.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Where is it hitting?

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
35's should rub BAD on wheels with 4.5" BS and only a level kit. Lots of people get rubbing with that combo and 4" of lift. Wheels with 5.5"-6" BS are generally required to run 35's with that kind of set up, without doing some sheet metal surgery on the pinch weld/fender well area.

·
CF Administrator
12,436 Posts
sounds like you got the wrong wheels, I ran 35's on my 20's with only a leveling kit and they never rubbed. Ive since went with a 4.5fabtech so maybe a little bit of a lift is an option

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ended moving the adjusting the control arms to move the axle all the way forward. Made a big difference they will fit but rub when turned hard. I order a 3.5" spacer, track bar, bilstein shocks, and longer control arms to correct my problems. I might still sell these and just put 37's on my factory wheels with the 3.5" lift.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So I am going to order some 18x9 wheels with 5.55" backspacing will this clear my 2" leveling kit and 35 12.50 toyo's? My old rims where 18x9.5 with on ly 4.5" backspacing and was def a no go on fitting. Thanks guys

·
Premium Member
6,752 Posts
It's your wheels.
I just put 35's on chrome H2's, my truck is leveled.
The tires JUST cleared the fenders but rubbed the inner fenders. Last night I adjusted the offset bushings on the lower control arms and now my tires don't rub anywhere.

I've heard 35's on the stockers just rub the control arms slightly.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Its all about the wheel width and backspacing when putting 35's on with a level. The perfect wheel size is 9 inches wide with a 5.71 inch Backspace. It will not rub with 35x12.50's at all, and still sticks a little out of fender to give it more of an agressive look. I did the 4.5 inch backspace mistake once and ended up selling wheels and doing some research.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sweet I think im in the clear then. Thanks guys

1 - 13 of 13 Posts