Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im getting pissed of cause my truck only spins one wheel. so im looking for a cheap solution to fix this.:thud:

·
Registered
10,782 Posts
If you want cheap, weld it up...

I would definately be wearing the seatbelt and crash helmet going down the highway though, ive seen more than one vehicle with welded spiders lock up going down the highway. its not too much fun when the rear end locks up @ 70mph....

Decent way to do it if its just a play truck and doesnt see much road though

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah i heard that wasnt too reliable.
ouch

·
Registered
54 Posts
there is a cheap way but it involves a lot of work. Shim the spiders, it will make it harder to slip but it still will around a turn. You will have to pull your diff and do a lot of adjustments but you wont have anymore one-wheel wonders .

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
At this time there is still only one option for the 11.5" AAM axle
Only if it was ordered with the TracRite GT limited slip option. I'm sure he could buy the the TracRite GT from Dooge.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
2002 2500 4x4, 5spd, TST, Edge EZ, AFE intake, Stg. 4 Jammers, , water/meth

·
Registered
308 Posts
2002, I believe you have a Dana 60 front and a Dana 80 rear. If that the case, you have many traction options. Lock rite, ARB & Detroit lockers, and Tru-trac helical gear limited slip are all available for the Dana 80.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Well crapola. Thanks JASE4x4. I didn't think of asking what year. There are many options for the 2002 with the Dana rear end.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Well crapola. Thanks JASE4x4. I didn't think of asking what year. There are many options for the 2002 with the Dana rear end.
X2 on that one :lol3: You can get whatever you want in a 60. The 80 maybe a little less on the options.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah ive looked at Detriot lockers.
Does any one have them?

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I think the 2500 gets a dana 70 or 70u. There's EVERYTHING for them. Check out Ring And Pinion Gears, Axles and Axle Shafts, Drivetrain Parts and Tools - Accu Auto Parts to verify your axle. Cool site, and they will stock your posi. It's really easy to do as far as this stuff goes. Just pull the diff cover, axle shafts, carrier cap bolts, and the carrier plops into your hands. Well a little tug maybe. But the only shim stuff you have to fool with is the side shims for setting backlash, and you don't need a bearing splitter if you buy new timkens for the new carrier.

Hopefully it's a 70. 80 stuff is EXPENSIVE. $1000 give or take for a posi! Glad i already have one! :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts