Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I'm asking for alot, but I live in Newberg, Oregon and I need to find a dealership that will work with me. The local Dodge dealership is worthless so far.

I bought a new truck and have been trying to get a second key since March. They have refused saying the sale is not updated in the DMV records yet even though I have papers from the DMV registering the truck, just no plates yet.

Now I need a new flash because my truck idles rough in reverse with the EGR unplugged and don't know where to go in the Portland Metro area. Any ideas on a dealer that might help my situation and not make me drive over an hour or so. Thanks.

· Size Matters
658 Posts
I would take it to beaverton dodge, But first plug your EGR back in. I think they will be willing to take care of the key issue as well. Why did it not come with the 2nd key? None the less give them a call and see what they can do for you. My first choice would be timberline but that would be too far away. Whatever you do stay away from dicks country dodge. They got their name for a reason. :thumbsup:

· Registered
72 Posts
Dealerships and Trust hmmmmm... those 2 words don't go hand in hand

· Registered
748 Posts

· Registered
1,437 Posts
I trust my dealer and as far as I know, they trust me. I haven't asked them to look the other way and they just do what I ask. Pretty simple and straight forward.

· Premium Member
143 Posts

Could not have said it better! There was a post not too far back about getting a second key online for something like $20? and being able to program it yourself if you had one original key? I know when I got a second key from the locksmith, he had to call Dodge to get some kind of a code to be able to hook his programmer device up to the truck and get the key to work properly. I would pay twice as much to keep from going to the stealership and putting up with the crap.

New Definition - CRAP = country and rap mixed! HA! HA!

:banana::chicken::banana::chicken::banana:

· Registered
894 Posts
I know I'm asking for alot, but I live in Newberg, Oregon and I need to find a dealership that will work with me. The local Dodge dealership is worthless so far.

I bought a new truck and have been trying to get a second key since March. They have refused saying the sale is not updated in the DMV records yet even though I have papers from the DMV registering the truck, just no plates yet.

Now I need a new flash because my truck idles rough in reverse with the EGR unplugged and don't know where to go in the Portland Metro area. Any ideas on a dealer that might help my situation and not make me drive over an hour or so. Thanks.
timberline dodge is mod friendly. talk to ken knudsen and he will fix u up. the sad part is they r a good place 2 go and they dont whine about mods but chrysler in thei wisdom is trying 2 make them close! :shock::whip: they did my trans with my edge in the truck. under warrenty ive done buisness there 4 years:thumbsup:

· Registered
12 Posts
this saying usually stems from a few bad experiences. when you go onto a car lot with this thought in mind you will never be satisfied with an experience. there are a lot of jerk-off dealers, but maybe just as many good ones.

i still haven't found a gas-station i can trust

· Registered
325 Posts
You new truck should have come with TWO keys. (My 2009 Ram 3500 I bought new this past February 2009 came with two keys.)

IMO, they ought to provide you the second key at no charge.

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks, to everyone for the replys. Now I just have to get her to the shop before they get shut down. Budget cuts everywhere.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.