Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
now with the mp-8 installed my fuel pressure is to low, the rail pressure is low. now my edge is saying that exhaust sensor 1/3 performance. i am afraid of this hurting the ecm and do not know where to turn. thanks for all the help

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
I would remove the MP-8 and see if that helps. If it does not then You have something wrong with the Fuel Relief Valve that you shimmed. Either dropped the little pin out or it has come loose (didnt get it repunched well enough). I would check those 2 things first. If you cannot get it to run right with the MP-8 Removed and the Valve double checked then we can address it from there.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:CRY:well i removed the mp-8 and just like i thought it was okay. but i didnt see the p1011 code, til now, which is, fuel pump delivery pressure is to low. which should cause the rail pressure to low. and i was getting it even after i removed the shims. i do not know what to do, any help is much appreciated

·
5,055 Posts
I would say that something is wrong with your rail valve. You might have dropped something out when you did it the first time. I wish i had a good diagram of one for you.

·
Registered
319 Posts
This is why I am so scared to install the MP-8, I have mine coming in the mail but it seems people are have so many installation problems!

·
Registered
102 Posts
I did mine with a pair of channel locks a cresent wrench claw hammer and a screw to repunch the cap. I used to be a tech but still its not as complicated as it sounds just keep track of the parts and be carefull. shouldn't have any problems cowboy already stated the only thing i can think of. I highly doubt its the box I did hear of some people messin up their valve and having to replace I think TS can get them for you.

Hey compcowboy I'm thinkin about a friendly wager against my buddy's d-max at a pull later this year I've never pulled before any helpfull info? PM me please

·
5,055 Posts
Geoff, Its not that bad, I used a couple C-clamps and a crescent wrench.

Motoracer- you running the auto or manual? Either way i would run it in 4lo. I ran my manual in 3rd, revved it to about 2500 RPMs and slowly let the clutch out. Once it started to catch i dropped the clutch then hammered the gas pedal. Stock clutch was not real happy with me but it worked just fine. Auto I would build a little boost and hammer it. Not sure if you can lock it in 2 or 3rd but that would be the best - IMO - though i dont know the autos too well. Keep the RPMs up and let her go. :thumbsup

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
Dis,

Dude don't let all this get to ya man... Need to think through all this and ask for help here as someone will find something that will point you in the right direction...

Now if it was me, I would say we need to know if you have replaced the fuel filter lately??? Big question here, as if you have not, you need to before you go any farther with all this to make sure you just aren't getting the fuel up to the CP3...

I look forward to reading what you find out with all this. I have been going to shim my pressure relief and just have not ordered the kit yet to do so. Guess I should get that ordered... I do have the fuel pressure guages installed now to see the pressure as I mess with this now... I may just try and do this without the shim kit and make it from washers or something. Just not sure of what thickness I need to use...

I have been so darn busy this past week I have just now how the time to read this post for the first time... I got a ton of stuff I need to do this weekend... While I am resting LOL... I must say I love your attitude about the warranty on these trucks with all this emission stuff they felt so impelled to put on that use twice the limited amount of fossil fuels we are paying out the butt for...

·
5,055 Posts
Jeb, There is a post on here somewhere that says what the thickness of the 3 shims is. They are just 3 very small washers. I wanna say about .010 or something like that. If i get a chance i will search around for it.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks everyone foall your help. only have 11000 miles on the truck, so do you think i should do the filter then? i am so worried the truck will go into limp mode, not knowing what the exhaust performance code means. and i can never get rid of the mass air flow sensor pressure low to go away. i do not know what i would do without everyones help:popcorn:

·
5,055 Posts
the edge wont clear the codes or do they come back every time? I say it cannot hurt to do the Fuel filter. You may have gotten some crappy fuel or something thats just messing with you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts