Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know which DPF delete kit to get. I want the one which does not throw codes. I don't have an Edge to clear any codes.

Also, has anyone JUST done a DPF delete and no other mods?

·
Registered
6,631 Posts
I don't know which DPF delete kit to get. I want the one which does not throw codes. I don't have an Edge to clear any codes.

From what I see they all throw codes:lol3::lol3::lol3:

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
BADP has a new kit out that is supposed to be code free. You should be able to run just that and nothing else. The ones that throw a code can be put on with no chip, and the CEL being on is just fine.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Dr. Performance is coming out with a codes free kit. Not sure when, but soon.

·
Banned
706 Posts
I dont want any edge or other crap on my truck. I just want the delete kit. I pull 31,000 pounds of hay and equipment and just want better mileage when not towing. Are the codes bad or just a nuisance???

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
I dont want any edge or other crap on my truck. I just want the delete kit. I pull 31,000 pounds of hay and equipment and just want better mileage when not towing. Are the codes bad or just a nuisance???
I agree 100% Smoke

I asked if anyone had just done a delete and nothing else, but nobody answered. I was wondering what kind of MPG they were getting with just that.

With that kind of weight though, you might think an\bout doing the EGR delete too

·
Banned
706 Posts
I went to school for diesel mechanics and let me tell this stuff now days is totally different than the perkins and other engines I worked on in farm equipment in the [ast on now days. Ive seen the EGR bypass done on a ford but couldnt tell you where to start on the 6.7. This is my 4 cummins and by far this one pulls the best. Mileage though, huh, you know! Guess I'll wait for the best system to bypass all this crap.

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
Cowboy did a step-by-step picture guide on how to do the EGR delete. He did a fantastic job on it too. It's posted somewhere in the forum, I forget where at the moment. But it was pretty easy.

Blocking the EGR makes a whole pile of sense.

Good Grief. I was a farm boy in my youngin days. I used to do our Fergenson in the field. Thing ate bearings. No matter what you did. But it could knock down a chicken coop with no effort. "Honest Dad! It just turned right into the coop by itself!!!" I look back and laugh at when Idid that. . . :w:

·
Registered
91 Posts
The EGR removal is a sticky on the 6.7L performance forum on this sight.

·
Registered
45 Posts
i have A DPF delete coming from BADP and im just going to run that for a while then see what the milage is like and then im thinking of a simple plug and play chip(ie. flashpaq, diablo predator, or bully). i like the sleeper look and with to many gauges it just make it look like you out to race everyone.

·
Banned
706 Posts
Sweet, as soon as I get my mileage killer (DPF) off my truck Im bypassing the EGR also.

·
Registered
91 Posts
It depend on where you live, in Texas we just have a safety inspection. No emissions

·
5,055 Posts
If you are in an area that requires inspections you will have to put it all back to stock for the inspection. My area does not have them

·
Registered
227 Posts

I have an [email protected] 4" turbo back DPF delete installed February, now have 8,000 miles on the system. I do have an Edge Insight just to read and clear codes. Most times I clear the codes before I start the engine, sometimes I drive with the CEL on and the overhead display reading 100% full and listen to the dinger going off every 5 minutes. Either way the truck runs fine.
For the last 8,000 miles MPG has averaged 16.3. For the 8,000 miles prior to the DPF delete MPG was 13.0. Total mileage on my truck is now 32,000.

G

·
Discussion Starter #17
I don't have to worry about inspection until 2011.

I'm thinking about going to my exhaust shop and having him flange the muffler end for a quick swap later.

Cowboy
Is that 4" or 5"? It looks 5", but I haven't had time to crawl under there and measure.

·
5,055 Posts
4" under the truck

1 - 18 of 18 Posts