Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sold my '06 to buy a '10 mega dually. But it's gonna be a little while before I get the new truck, seems dodge can't seem to let me order a laramie that doesn't have that gaya$$ tan/gold 2 tone! Anyways I picked up an '04 RCLB 4x4 dually from a friend for $7k! Couldn't pass it up for that price. It's all stock with a decent built tranny, I'll probly go back in it an add billet input an outputs, it's got some form of triple disk and a goerend VB. It's got 230k miles on it but runs great, no problems! It's a little ugly but I'll get it cleaned up shortly!

I wanna do some performance upgrades after the lift, tires, an wheels go on. Not looking to break any dynos just a fun truck. I'm thinking 90hp tips, probly wicked CP3 due to the miles on it, super B special, AD150, and a smarty or PPE.

What yall think?

·
Registered
8,728 Posts
I think thats hilarious and a good buy for ya duuude! get some pics.. and the mods you selected will be fun and peppy

·
Registered
5,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think thats hilarious and a good buy for ya duuude! get some pics.. and the mods you selected will be fun and peppy
I been arguing with the stealership on ordering me what I want and they're telling me it'll cost extra to get a laramie without the 2 tone! Hell I could order it and have my paint guy spray it for cheaper than they're trying to charge! I'm kinda fed up with tha whole new truck idea!

But this truck has kinda eased my pain of selling tha '06. I'll get some pics up when I get a bed on it. It's had a heavya$$ welding bed on it for bout 185k so I gotta do a little suspension work but for $7k I aint complaining!

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
That's cheap, wish I could find deals like that.

·
Registered
5,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No kidding man! When he told me what he wanted, I was like :shock: So I jumped on it quick! It's got a few little issues and came without a bed, but I've already got a white bed and most of the suspension pieces from the 06 so it won't be ugly for long!

I'm thinking about repainting it mineral gray or a little darker!

·
Registered
5,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^^^^ Haha that's what I told the wife! But she thinks differently than us!

·
Registered
5,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Pictures?????
I'll try an get some tuesday when I'm off again. I gotta borrow a camera, my son thought it would be cool to "clean" my camera for me! :doh:

·
Registered
5,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
With the mileage that's on the truck what do yall think I should go over? The truck seems fine but I'm wondering what all I should check. I'm doing an AD and a hellman sump while the bed is off so the fuel delivery is taken care of the suspension will be addressed shortly. What else should I look at and or replace?

·
Registered
5,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here she is! I'm puttin the bed on 2moro and gonna start tryin to get all the ruffneck grime outta the inside!

·
On call 24/7
12,630 Posts
I would tell the dealer to keep their overpriced 6.7 and build the 04.

·
Registered
5,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
5,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I don't know if any of yall have driven a RC dually without the bed on it but DAMN!!!! I drove this thing back from Lake Charles, La and it like to have beat me to death!!! It's got some sort of aftermarket spring pack to hold the weight of the welding bed that was on it, but without the weight it is STIFF!!

·
Registered
214 Posts
oh i hear you on the ride!!! ii bought a 05 with a heavy bed on it but it came with the stock one too. took the heavy one off and had to drive to town to get the stock one. oh man i had my kids with me and i thought about pulling over and having the wife come get them it was so bad!!! i was happy no one lost a tooth or something!!!

·
Registered
5,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

$500 bed! Had to plastic weld a small crack in the passenger fender on the bottom but other than that it looks good!

·
On call 24/7
12,630 Posts
Yep, I would forget about the 2010.

·
Registered
5,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh I am, I don't even care to get a new truck. Not having an $800 a month truck payment is saaaweet! Of course having to rebuild a worn out tranny isn't sweet but it's a whole lot cheaper!

·
Registered
141 Posts
i think you should get the 2010 and sell me the 04 for $7500:drool2:

·
Registered
5,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Haha I'd hafta have a lil more than that! I'll have bout 14k in it by the time the tranny gets redone and the front end pieces get replaced.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts