Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as of last week after gettin a wild hair up my :butt: to ride down to carmax after burning up 70 bucks worth of fuel in 3 days I did the unthinkable. Looked around for a while. Had my criteria all figured out. Had to be newer, low mileage, gas burner with planty of power and a straight drive and had to have a warranty. Test drove a couple cars including an 06 350z and realized I needed a back seat just to even justify getting a car. Well ended up buying this Pontiac GTO. What caught my eye was the red leather interior. She's a beauty. 28k on the clock. Packing an LS1 backed by the T56 6 Speed with all the luxury and power of a vette :peelout I'm pretty pleased but sorta miss the ole Cummins. And btw figured up the mileage and my mouth dropped when I got 26.7 on the first tank. :thumbsup :hyper: :peelout

·
Registered
974 Posts
:thud::thud:At least its a gto not a ford focus or something of that nature. Have you had your head examined lately? You may need to have it done for getting rid of the cummins.

B

·
0 Posts
Your Giving In To Soon Sorry For Ya Ill Keep Mine Even If I Have To Push It Around Lol

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One thing I'm not complaing about now. Spending 45 a week in gas instead of 100 something :thud:

·
Registered
246 Posts
It seems the high price is diesel is weeding out the Cummins owners from the dedicated Cummins fans.

I'm a Cummins fan first, economist second. Guess I'd rather have a few more PSD's in my rearview mirror then a few more dollars in my pocket.

Sorry you had to downgrade.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I have often thought of doing this myself. I would have to have a pickup though, with my boat, my quad and travel trailer. The thought of a gasser pickup makes me cringe. Too bad you couldnt keep the truck AND get a car. Thats my plan...

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
The only bad part I see is that yo ubought a car with a discontinued motor...

·
Registered
541 Posts
While I understand how diesel prices have made owning a Cummins slightly less desirable, I'll never go back to owning a gasser, especially not a car. My wife got rear ended in her Toyota 4Runner and it was completely totaled. The truck that hit her was a Dodge 2500 and he drove away. That peace of mind alone is worth the extra expense of driving my truck. If she was in anything smaller or less sturdy, she would have been a gonner.

·
It's got 12 Valves...
5,009 Posts
Sorry to hear you had to ditch the Cummins :thud: :thud: :thud:...that is a nice looking new ride though :thumbsup.

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
Nice looking ride man, hope it treats you well.:thumbsup

·
Registered
362 Posts
Yeah it looks like a saturn. But dont get your feelings hurt when a cummins just flat outruns you one day from a stoplight. I cant break your balls to much, I put my wife in my truck and I am driving her camaro........... But I still have my truck:thumbsup

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It seems the high price is diesel is weeding out the Cummins owners from the dedicated Cummins fans.

I'm a Cummins fan first, economist second. Guess I'd rather have a few more PSD's in my rearview mirror then a few more dollars in my pocket.

Sorry you had to downgrade.
Cummins owner..... not any more. Cummins fan..... Hell YES :T: Thing is I'll have the power to put those silly strokers in my rearview with ease and quite a few Cummins I dare say. :thumbsup Not tryin to step on any toes but facts are facts. A stock car that turns low 13s is nothing to laugh at :w: Plus I'll have a few extra dollars in the back pocket..... :$:

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Havent lost faith though... there may be another cummins in the future. Just not right now :thumbsup:

·
Registered
172 Posts
The only bad part I see is that yo ubought a car with a discontinued motor...

Theres nothing discontinued about the LS1, they may have upgraded to the LS2 and the LS7, but they are all on the same platform. will be easy to find parts for if there are ever any problems

·
Registered
740 Posts
" Oh no :thud: Ricein out a cummins is grounds for BAN :thud: "

TqMnster... Remember this quote??? :lol3:

Wouldn't replacing a Cummins with a Goat qualify for the same??

J/K thats a good looking GTO you got there.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts