Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here is the story, i bought the truck and it had a Air Intake and Exhaust.... I have been modding it ever since. Stock it rarely smoked i could hammer it and a poof would come out. Added the ADR and boom smoked like a mad man. Came across a brand new AK4 from ATS and put it on to see if i could spool it.... well i did. I never touched the injectors and it doesnt make sense to me to have big injectors on a stock truck. I knew the pervious owner he never touched them. What size injectors?

Some numbers for you:
Stock Turbo and ADR EGTs could get up to 1850
AK4 and ADR EGTs can get to 1500 but see 1200 once spooled
ADR on power LV 0 i can spool the AK4 to 32psi
MAX boost i see on the AK4 is 43ish and 47 with W/M

I ran consitant 13.0,13.1s @5400ft and will be dynoing on June 12th.

*right now i dont have the down time to have the injectors tested.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
i would have to say 150s

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
either 150s or 200s, 1850 is a little high for the 150s tho, just my .02

·
Got P7100?
6,673 Posts
just pull one injector out when you have a few minutes and count the holes, if they are jammers it will be obvious(8 hole)

·
Got P7100?
6,673 Posts
7 hole for stock

a bunch of aftermarket ones are 7 hole as well, but at least you'll know if its a jammer

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well ill pull one and count.... im hoping to find an 8 hole, so at least i know i can buy a better quality injector.

I just have to take the two bolts on the injector hold down and what else to get them out?

·
Got P7100?
6,673 Posts
pull the valve cover, remove the 8mm bolt on the exhaust side of the hold down(other one can stay in) and lift the hold down off. you also need to take the injection line off that cylinder and pop the connector tube out 1/2" or so, i usually do that first. then use a bolt out of the intake horn(shorter one is easier to use) and screw it down into the injector a few threads. pry it straight up and it will pop right out.

PS, not sure why im so helpful when you came on here a while back and tried bashing us for tellin you they werent stock injectors if you were running those times....:confused013: Guess im just a good guy:thumbsup:

Reactions: CumminsOrNothin

·
Wyoming Eastern President
2,964 Posts
Oh he has grown as a person and knows now that you were right :S:

He has learned in time and you were a part of that, you have helped me in threads and others so thank you :thumbsup:

·
Got P7100?
6,673 Posts
^^^ thanks man

I wasnt tryin to pick at him either, just sayin maybe next time he can/will take a different approach to the question he has. No reason to jump on here and say everyone is wrong. We all learn as we go...

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
pull the valve cover, remove the 8mm bolt on the exhaust side of the hold down(other one can stay in) and lift the hold down off. you also need to take the injection line off that cylinder and pop the connector tube out 1/2" or so, i usually do that first. then use a bolt out of the intake horn(shorter one is easier to use) and screw it down into the injector a few threads. pry it straight up and it will pop right out.

PS, not sure why im so helpful when you came on here a while back and tried bashing us for tellin you they werent stock injectors if you were running those times....:confused013: Guess im just a good guy:thumbsup:
Oh he has grown as a person and knows now that you were right :S:

He has learned in time and you were a part of that, you have helped me in threads and others so thank you :thumbsup:
younger and nieve you learn and grow. I appreciate your help, Ill take a look at them.

·
Wyoming Eastern President
2,964 Posts
And by the way, I am sooooo jealous of your 13 sec time
Wish I had the balls to run my truck but I bet I break it lol

·
Registered
293 Posts
A 200 should put you well into the 12's. At a similar altitude I was able to hit 1800 with my stock charger a drag comp and 275's. I have seen trucks break into the 12's with 100hp sticks. So it is really hard to say. My 100hp sticks will smoke pretty good before the twins light or if I load them up and don't let the chargers spool. I would pull them and start counting holes, and/or check the hone size on them.
Sean

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The altitude sucks up here, i didnt push it too hard.... i left the line at 5psi. Most guys who run here and go down to AZ run 3-4ths faster. The dyno will tell alot more than the strip. Most guys are thinking 150s

·
Premium Member
4,680 Posts
i was hitting 1800 on my stock charger with 150's and adr. i am at 4500 ft elevation

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
i still say 150s. i had 125s with my quad adr and i could hit 1850.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts