Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am down to the last wire and I am trying to find the best place to get a 12 volt source that is controlled by ignition switch. Some instructions I read fron Genos Garage said to get this from the cigarette lighter but I am having a hard time getting to the lighter. Could use some in locating a source and color code.

Again thanks for the help.

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
is this for gauges and are you installing a pillar mount?

If you have the over head you should have a plug on the driver pillar. The top 2 wires in the upper left corner should be ignition 12v and the other ground test them with a test light.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
is this for gauges and are you installing a pillar mount?

If you have the over head you should have a plug on the driver pillar. The top 2 wires in the upper left corner should be ignition 12v and the other ground test them with a test light.
Yes it is for A Pillar guage installation.:thumbsup:

What are you trying to wire in? Gauges?
Sorry about that I forgot to say it was for guage install.:doh:

·
Registered
95 Posts
I pulled the ignition hot from a blue plug by the e-brake pedal under the dash. The plug is a six wire plug and one of the center poles is ignition hot. I tested it back to the fuse panel and it is labeled for power pedals with a 10 amp fuse. I don't have power pedals so I am assuming it is an empty circuit.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I pulled the ignition hot from a blue plug by the e-brake pedal under the dash. The plug is a six wire plug and one of the center poles is ignition hot. I tested it back to the fuse panel and it is labeled for power pedals with a 10 amp fuse. I don't have power pedals so I am assuming it is an empty circuit.
I seen that plug and after looking at Dodge body builder it is for power pedals.
Thanks for the verification.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts