Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a tightwad and have run Westachs since I got back into diesels back in 2002. One problem I have always had is that their sending unit for the Fuel Pressure gauge never lasts more than a year or so before it stops working. About a year ago I had the same issue once again. The reading would slowly start dropping over a period of a couple weeks and then the needle would start getting real erratic and then finally just stop working at all. What I did then, after cursing yet another expensive sender, was to spray some carb cleaner into the pressure orifice a couple times and then blow it out with compressed air. The gauge began reading just fine again until just a few days ago when it repeated the same scenario again. I pulled it off the truck, shot it with carb cleaner and then some compressed air. It's working fine again for probably another year.
The moral of this story is that instead of replacing your sender if you have this issue you can just clean it and it will probably fix it.

This repair was conducted by a professional tightwad on a closed course. Do not try this at home unless you want to.....

1 - 1 of 1 Posts