Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok this is just curiousity. If I wanted to try and hit 600hp what size injector would you run 200s 220s? It seems to me that the BD towing twins that I have are good for 200s. Still streetable and still capable of towing. With electronics turned down of course. I would have to consider one power adder on top of fuel to make it. I think I would go the water/meth route, because I could use straight water to help keep egts in check while towing if they do indeed get out of hand and run the meth when playing and or dynoing. I currently can't can't break 1150* on a all out flogging with my 150s and towing what I tow on the worst grade we come across I peaked at 1100* on one small section but ran most the way at 1050* while only pushing 40psi of boost so there is some room to grow. What do you guys think it would take to get it there? Is it possible with the mentioned setup? I know I will need to do the head if I continue to push it and I have the funding set aside for it. I set it aside when I did the twins in fear of it popping then but so far so good at 56psi. And of course I will need to switch pumps in the long run to a SO or something else. But this one works fine now and until it breaks or I can't stand it anymore I am running it while I get all the other ducks in a row. If I do go the 600hp direction. Let me know what you think thanks in advance.

· Mule Barn Proprietor
11,777 Posts
Talk to 2141Pete. He's been working on doing the same HP with practically the same mods you have/are looking at, and will have some real good experienced advice.

Personally I think you will need bigger twins, bigger stick (250+), and SO pump, and NOS

· Premium Member
12,665 Posts
....and, water/meth to cool things down so it don't melt a piston too early...:shock:

ok, here's a kinda related q: what's the highest RPM you've ever heard of a 24 valver spinnin?

· Registered
6,585 Posts
....and, water/meth to cool things down so it don't melt a piston too early...:shock:

ok, here's a kinda related q: what's the highest RPM you've ever heard of a 24 valver spinnin?
i think i remember a video on you tube of banks spinning one 6700rpm on an engine dyno :shock:

· Registered
2,622 Posts
Pete would've made 600 with a hair more NOS...

I sincerely doubt you'll make 600 with a stock H.O. pump... so lets start there... save some pennies and get an S.O. pump. I think 200's as a minimum for 600 but you're going to need some 'extras' to get there... Something in the 240 range for 600 on fuel only. You've about maxed out the BD twins but I think you can stretch them to 600 with giggle gas... doubtful on doing it with fuel only on those tight spinners.

If Pete dynos at TS, I have a feeling he'll break 600.... so copy his setup and I bet you get close.

· Got P7100?
6,489 Posts
62 over a s475 should be enough air to get you there. For pumps i would go with BDs new 100hp pump for the improved flow. Id start with a set of 200s or 220s and see where that gets you. If you need a little helper then id say water meth as your first option since you tow.

Reactions: mitch6879

· Registered
82 Posts
Your going to have to ditch the HO pump for either an SO or preferably an aftermarket hp pump. Mach 6's would give you plenty of fuel. Might contact BD about upgrading your primary charger to something larger.

· Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well I deffinitely won't be upgrading the turbos. I love these for the towing responsiveness. And don't want to give that up. I know about the HO pump that is why I metioned it. I just want to get everything together and make some educated moves towards my goal then when the time comes I will upgrade the pump. Need to make sure my head is going to stay put before I go and get a bigger pump that is first on the money spending agenda. I know with 200-220s I will be running a little hot and most likely while towing. That is why I want to go with the water/meth system to give me the extra ponies I need and get some cooling benefits while towing. Basically I think I should of asked how can I get the most out of these twins realistically without risking catostrophic failure. And then ask is 600hp posible with the addition of water meth. So where I stand now is what will give me more fun right now being that I am limited by the HO pump. Run larger injectors to squeeze every ounce out of the pump or run the water meth. Which will feel more fun by seat of the pants and what will put more to the ground if I dyno. I want to do one or the other. And when the head goes I will proceed to make things bigger and better. Thanks for your time guys. And yes I have been talking to Pete he is my been there done that guy with this setup but I want to incorporate the water/meth and he doesn't have that.

· Registered
1,281 Posts
Well I deffinitely won't be upgrading the turbos. I love these for the towing responsiveness. And don't want to give that up. I know about the HO pump that is why I metioned it. I just want to get everything together and make some educated moves towards my goal then when the time comes I will upgrade the pump. Need to make sure my head is going to stay put before I go and get a bigger pump that is first on the money spending agenda. I know with 200-220s I will be running a little hot and most likely while towing. That is why I want to go with the water/meth system to give me the extra ponies I need and get some cooling benefits while towing. Basically I think I should of asked how can I get the most out of these twins realistically without risking catostrophic failure. And then ask is 600hp posible with the addition of water meth. So where I stand now is what will give me more fun right now being that I am limited by the HO pump. Run larger injectors to squeeze every ounce out of the pump or run the water meth. Which will feel more fun by seat of the pants and what will put more to the ground if I dyno. I want to do one or the other. And when the head goes I will proceed to make things bigger and better. Thanks for your time guys. And yes I have been talking to Pete he is my been there done that guy with this setup but I want to incorporate the water/meth and he doesn't have that.
Not meaning to change the subject or anything, but how do you like your DDP 150s???? I thought about getting a set of those....thanks....

· Horse Power JUNKIE
1,656 Posts
They are NICE! They feel pretty strong.

· Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well they are the only large injector I have had but I am more than pleased with them and I can easily control the smoke.

· Registered
2,622 Posts

Pete went just shy of 570 on fuel... don't know about EGT's and such.

I run a similar setup but don't have any dyno numbers... I recently upgraded my bottom charger though. Breathes and pulls better on the top end than it did with the BD's....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.