Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening all..

I am changing out the OEM radio on my 2007 Dodge RAM 2500 quad cab (5.9, no navigation , 4 speaker setup) with an idatalink maestro enabled kenwood radio. The intent is to have a more up to date radio and monitor the EGT, Boost and Tranny fluid temp on the Radio screen. The good folks at Crutchfield said I needed the Maestro Rr and PAC C2R-CHY4 can buss interface. Can someone tell me:

Is this all I need? (and is it the right stuff?)

Where is the CAN buss interface location that I will tap into?

I looked widely and found the list if PIDs that are in the Dodge Cummins 5.9, but it was a complete list with the note saying that not all the PIDs are present in all the years. Does the 2007 have these three PIDs available for sniffing on the CAN buss?

Any words of wisdom from anyone who has undertaken this upgrade?

Thanks..

·
Registered
8 Posts
I recently installed a Kenwood Excelon radio in my 07. I used the iDatalink Maestro and their iDatalink HRN-RR-CH2 Interface Harness. I didn't need to tap into any pre existing wires to get everything functioning properly. When everything showed up I just followed the wiring guide it came with and soldered the connections. The harness comes with an OBD 2 adapter that you can plug in to get access to all of the gauges, transmission temp, and boost are readable with the radio but EGTs will require another gauge. The install is really easy, there's just a **** ton of wires.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I've done the same. Pay the extra and have crutchfield wire it up. Its worth the time ut will save you.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got it all installed and I am only seeing boost pressure. (and a bunch of things that I don't really care about)

Is there a PID list for the 2007 5.9?

Does anyone know if there are sensor that I can wire into the CAN bus (tranny temp and EGT?)

Thanks bunches.

·
1,497 Posts
You won't be able to monitor the EGTs with the Maestro RR. You need a separate probe and a gauge.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts