Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for feedback between the leveling kits. Better ride quality? Better build quality? Any feedback appreciated.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Why would you mix parts? Either get all Carli or Thuren. Both companies set their coil rates with their shock valving. I mean you can mix them, but not necessary.

·
Registered
8,740 Posts
Why would you mix parts? Either get all Carli or Thuren. Both companies set their coil rates with their shock valving. I mean you can mix them, but not necessary.
The only reason I did was because at the time Thuren didn’t have an affordable Fox option, Carli’s was cheaper.

It appears now that Thuren has a mid range Fox option.

·
Supporting Vendors
156 Posts
Thuren is who we recommend. They have the best bang for your buck set up as well. Carli is a fantastic option but a little more on the pricey side. It's a tough decision in the end but whichever way you choose you will be more then happy.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
The only companies that are offering custom tuned Fox 2.0 IFPs out of the companies mentioned in this thread are Carli and Synergy.
Thuren IFP 2.0 Fox’s are valved to Don’s own profile with Fox. To say Carli and/or Synergy are the only ones with custom setup is false. Don has more integrity than just having Fox slap his name on the shock. His shock valving will be different than Carli, Synergy, and/or Fox’s national stock number. There’s only so much you can do with the IFP 2.0’s. I leave at that without going more into it.

To the OP, if you want Thuren 2” coils, then order Thuren’s shocks.

·
Supporting Vendors
9,575 Posts
Thuren IFP 2.0 Fox’s are valved to Don’s own profile with Fox. To say Carli and/or Synergy are the only ones with custom setup is false. Don has more integrity than just having Fox slap his name on the shock. His shock valving will be different than Carli, Synergy, and/or Fox’s national stock number. There’s only so much you can do with the IFP 2.0’s. I leave at that without going more into it.

To the OP, if you want Thuren 2” coils, then order Thuren’s shocks.
Sorry, but the part numbers are stock Fox part numbers. When you have a custom Fox, you get a custom part number. I sell the stuff, I get my butt chewed when I send the guy a "custom" shock that doesn't have a custom part number. I'm not trying to be confrontational, just honest about what I sell.

·
Registered
64 Posts
How is the Bilstein 2.3" leveling kit with coils and shocks? Is an adjustable track bar needed and if so which one works with it? I'm new to Ram and I'm seeing some different options and variety of pricing.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Looking for feedback between the leveling kits. Better ride quality? Better build quality? Any feedback appreciated.
Okay, I figured it out for you. Go with a driver side Carli coil with a Thuren Fox shock and a Thuren passenger side coil with a Carli tuned Fox. Top it off with a Synergy track bar with a Carli bushing at the frame side and a Thuren Heim joint at the axle side. Bam! :wink2:

·
Registered
796 Posts
From Thuren's website:

"Our valving design tune, with extra rebound damping for more bounce control."

This is for his Fox IFP's. Not trying to make a big stink, but this states he may be working with Fox so they make their shock for his liking? Even with a stock Fox part number? He has a product code number that looks individual. Enlighten me.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
I will be removing my Carli tuned Fox 2.0 IFP leveling shocks in the next couple of days. bumping up to the pintops.
if anybody is interested, PM. This may make the debate an easier choice for someone :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts