Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have the Icebox for the 6.7? I'm going to buy an intake here soon so was just wondering. The 5.9 guys seem to like them.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Anyone have the Icebox for the 6.7? I'm going to buy an intake here soon so was just wondering. The 5.9 guys seem to like them.
I just got mine the other day:thumbsup. Going to install it on Sunday.:w::woot:

·
Registered
281 Posts
Well finally got a chance to install the icebox today. Took about 1.5 hrs.

I have one question. Is there a specific way the sensors have to be attached? The reason I ask is the way they attached to the tube was pretty tight. There isn't any play in the wires now.:eek: The larger sensor should be turned 90* that would loosen the wire pretty easily. The smaller one needs to be taped differently. The way the tap is the screw is at an angle and the sensor doesn't seal well. plus the wires are REAL tight on this one.:eek:hno:

This is how it is:
View attachment 8154

This is how it should be:
View attachment 8155

After a little fooling around I got them to work. but I may retap the one smaller one. Also I would suggest making the down tube about 1" longer. found it real tight to attach both truckside and filter side elbows. Just a suggestion. But managable.

Otherwise I took it for a rip and it sounds great and it looks great too.
View attachment 8156

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
When we sent out the first round of 6.7 boxes I had not finished the instructions for the install yet. Sorry about that!! If you follow the wires around the side of the box you will see that you can reroute the wire harness for more room. The massairflow sensor will have an arrow that should face the turbo. The air intake temp sensor should mount with the connector facing the same way as the massairflow sensor. Again I am sorry for not having the instructions done yet. If yau have any questions please call me at 719-240-3454.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I got it installed, It is just a little tight. I figured there was a reason for the positioning.

This thing is great. Sounds like a jet plain coming down the street also the EB is much louder. I am even noticing a little more mpg.....maybe that is because I am not on it has hard now.:peelout Just a little push of the thottle and I am whistling while I work.:w:

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Put your pics on photobucket so we can see them bigger ;)

·
Registered
281 Posts
Never went there. Sorry. try clicking the pics. I will have to check it out some time.

If you want to see bigger pics pm me your email address.

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
We tested 3 trucks and on all of them there is a { for lack of a better term } a dead spot between 1500 and 1800 rpm. All are automatics. Is yours, or is yours a standard? The reason I ask is the cold air intake has solved this problem on the trucks we tested!!

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Mine is a G56 manual, and I've noticed the dead spot you mentioned.

Can you send me a price? Also, is it a dry filter setup?

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
PM jbarker, he is my sales for ICEBOX. Ha will take care of you.

·
Registered
281 Posts
We tested 3 trucks and on all of them there is a { for lack of a better term } a dead spot between 1500 and 1800 rpm. All are automatics. Is yours, or is yours a standard? The reason I ask is the cold air intake has solved this problem on the trucks we tested!!
Mine is auto. Didn't notice any dead spot. I will be sure to listen tomorrow.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Well I really paid attention today. I don't know what is normal. But on start up my turbo doesn't kick on until about 2000rpm. After that she :w: constantly.

Is that normal. I know my buddies duramax :w: constantly right from the get go and is pretty loud.

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
Mine is a G56 manual, and I've noticed the dead spot you mentioned.

Can you send me a price? Also, is it a dry filter setup?
The dead spot started on mine then went to a P2262 now waiting to get turbo replaced. :thumbsup

1 - 14 of 14 Posts