Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
PA VP ONE TUFF O3
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok i have been read on washing and wax and polish

first off i do the 2 was buckets i got that down pretty good but i do have 1 ? when i wash should i go with a horizontal strokes or circular i am guess horizontal

OK
i do have a decent amount of swirl marks in my paint
is this the part i find a good wax remover? and i do have a craftsmax buffer is that fast enough to take out swirl marks. whats the best way to get them removed

after i remove the swirl marks do i need to clean the paint again befor i get a good wax base down?
and after waxing a polish goes on right?

how many coats of wax do i need on befor i can polish it?

my steps i usally do are
wash
dry and i thought i waxed it but i guess turtle wax ice is just a a polish

thanks for the help

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
oky..the washing process for me is to go horizontal so it creates a sheet as it run down the side and over the top..once i have rinsed it I dry it with the microfiber towells instantly..then comes the clay bar

clay bar will remove all the contaminents that are on there..If you get the meguiars clay you can watch it turn browm and fell it puling stuff off..this pretty much strip everything down...

now as far as swirls go, iI invested in high quslity waxes and once I top coat wax you cant see the swirls..it all depends on how bad they are..personally, I prefer to hand detail rather than buff

·
Banned
678 Posts
I use chemical GUYS for when I detail other peoples cars and now my truck, the stuff is flat out amazing. The waxes are very high quality and can still be applied by hand, and all the products are just better than meguiars which I used for years

·
Registered
405 Posts
For a wax remover, I like to mix in some dawn dish soap into my wash bucket. It will remove the wax pretty well. I love Mequires products. Personally I use they No.7 Show Car Glaze and follow it up with No. 26 Yellow wax. It leaves the paint feeling like glass. For stubborn crud in the paint I will clay bar and for some minor scratches I'll use Kit Scratch Out. If you can, get a microfiber wash mit and wax pads too.

·
Registered
451 Posts
i have never used it but a guy i work with swears by snapon wax he buys right off the tool truck, hes a clean freak who even waxes his push mower...no joke ...so if he likes it i would think it would be good stuff. just my .02

1 - 7 of 7 Posts