Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any easy cheap ways to get more smoke, I am broke,cant afford much, i got a cat-back straight pipe and i was thinkin of gettin rid of the cat. Thanks for any input guys

·
It's got 12 Valves...
5,009 Posts
Any easy cheap ways to get more smoke, I am broke,cant afford much, i got a cat-back straight pipe and i was thinkin of gettin rid of the cat. Thanks for any input guys

There are some cheap ways to mod older 12Vs like turning up the pump..but with fuel prices where they are at now...most guys are wanting to cut down on black smoke not create more of it :lol3:

Fill out your signature and let us know what kind of truck you have and we can go from there.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
fill out your sig and we can help ya eaiser.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hows this, its basically stock, the only main thing i want to avoid is anything that will void the factory warrranty. If it happens to break i can get if fixed for free if ya know what i mean.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
i'd wait until the warranty is over with, at least that's my honest op.

·
Registered
90 Posts
yeah if you want smoke ppump it. diablo sport predator and power puck stakc will make guaranteed 250hp in that truck but you gotta dump the cat and get gauges or youll cook something thats expensive hangs off your block. or melt something cough cough head gasket.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Get the Industrial Injection race head, a Smarty TNT 3500, Water Meth, Intake, weld 4" pipe in place of the cat/muffler, and you will smoke like a champ, not drop a valve, make 500+ RWHP, and be all set for when you can afford a Silver Bullet and a set of "House Of Power" 75HP injectors!

Honestly, there is no way to smoke without large tuning. If you load a Hypertech E-Con into it you may catch a glimps of a grey haze once in a while.... but without serious fuel pressure and timing changes you wont see much real smoke.

·
I wanna go fast...
3,475 Posts
Get the Industrial Injection race head, a Smarty TNT 3500, Water Meth, Intake, weld 4" pipe in place of the cat/muffler, and you will smoke like a champ, not drop a valve, make 500+ RWHP, and be all set for when you can afford a Silver Bullet and a set of "House Of Power" 75HP injectors!

Honestly, there is no way to smoke without large tuning. If you load a Hypertech E-Con into it you may catch a glimps of a grey haze once in a while.... but without serious fuel pressure and timing changes you wont see much real smoke.
Yeah, What he said...:T:

·
Registered
602 Posts
Did I mention that mass power tuning and mass smoke with stock heads, stock turbo, and no water/meth will increase the odds of a burnt hole in a piston or a valve dropping about 10 fold! I know of 3 03-07 5.9L trucks with total destruction from just such activities. Hey.... one is coming into my place next week to ge tthe engine lifted out! Burnt a hole in #5.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts