Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

i want more power!

2603 Views 42 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  95taylor331
Alright well im new at this and i need some advise i want more power in i want to to upgrade my fuel plate i dont have much money im in high school and and i plan on rebuilding my tranny soon and i would like to just grind my fuel plate but i heard that its not the best idea. Would it be better to buy one or modify mine?? And will a #0 fuel plate really cuz a runaway?? thanks for the help..

Zack
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

· Registered
2,900 Posts
do the tranny make it good. pull the plate not needed, run away can be caused by anything just keep something stiff to cut the air off to it if it happens, do some 4k gsk's but should pri do some valve springs when you do that and gut the afc. just look around here on the site and you will find lots of good info!!!

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok thank you very much i appreciate it!!!

· Registered
85 Posts
i had a 96 cummins 5 speed and took the fuel plate out open wastegate gettin about 35 to 40 boost. i blew the out of the head cracked in 5 spots. i just bought a 95 cummins and want to know how to prevent thhat on my new truck without spending to much im in high school too. like your truck Zack. Mine name is zach too

· Registered
884 Posts
Im here in hs to hell ls bells. Dont gut the afc super smokey and hot mod it fer full rack travel. And put a #100 plate in her

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
cummin undone is that your 95 or the 96 you blow up in your pick and thanks i wish she was a stick

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
and i have a 96 also too lol but its a peice compared to my 95 lol

· Registered
884 Posts
Dont take the afc foot off. Its super. Smoky with high egts. Mod the afc rack for full travel. Then dont take your plate out also super smoky and it fuels all the time just grind a #100 plate.

Reactions: cummins199512value

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
But my friend has a 97 and we took his plate out and it was super smoky and super hot so we ground it down to a #100 and slide it foward and its still super hot and smoky is that how it will be or is there somethinng wrong with his truck??

· Registered
325 Posts
i pulled my plate, and it isnt smokey at all. it only started to smoke when i gave the screw a few more clicks. i never saw temps over 1100 yet, and it will be most of the way down up until 85 or so. but it is only like 20* out. im not sayin everyones truck is gonna be like that, but thats how mine is

· Registered
18 Posts
I am in high school too. Two of my buddies have blown their head gaskets in the past 2 weeks. One was from heat issues we think and the other was too much boost. I can hit 55psi so I think mine is going to blow next. lol

· Registered
722 Posts
I am in high school too. Two of my buddies have blown their head gaskets in the past 2 weeks. One was from heat issues we think and the other was too much boost. I can hit 55psi so I think mine is going to blow next. lol
ur not creating hp or tq with boost that hi off a stock turbo...they only work up to 30 nto 35 i believe

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.