Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want louder exhaust. I am running no cat with BD muffler. I wanted to know if it would be too loud straight piped or is there any muffler out there that will sound great at WOT. The BD muffler I am running looks great but is very tame when it comes to making noise. Any benefits running straight pipes with twins or should I stay with a muffler.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Why louder, lol. Its questions like that is why CA's vehicle laws suck so bad. and why your not supposed to do anything to your ride. But, if you must, straight pipe it, or ditch your twins for a single, those twins absorb alot of sound, my single set-up was incredibly loud. And get bigger injectors.

·
Registered
228 Posts
check out corsa they just came out with an exhaust to be loud but take the drone out

·
Registered
379 Posts
I would have to disagree with kramitthefrog70 and say that duals will be alot louder. i had duals before my single 5 inch and the duals were incrediably loud i had gotten pulled over 3 times for noise with my duals. I like my single better tho

·
Registered
592 Posts
I didnt say anything about duals, i was talking about twin turbos, lol. Please read before you post, lol.

·
Registered
592 Posts
The twin turbos!!!! absorb some sound vibrations, thus making the exhaust note quiter than a single turbo set-up

·
Registered
379 Posts
OH, haha, i see sorry i mis read that one, my bad!!yeah i would agree with the twin turbos!!

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Reason why I am asking is, I went from a huge single to the twins and lost my thunder sound. I am running the same exhaust and wanted to find out if straight pipe will be too loud, besides I have a geat out of jail ticket, A BADGE.........

·
Registered
592 Posts
ooo a badge, lol. I just explained why you lost your thunder. Look up a post or two.

·
Registered
379 Posts
which P.D you work for? if you dont mind me asking.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I want louder exhaust. I am running no cat with BD muffler. I wanted to know if it would be too loud straight piped or is there any muffler out there that will sound great at WOT. The BD muffler I am running looks great but is very tame when it comes to making noise. Any benefits running straight pipes with twins or should I stay with a muffler.

I got the Farmboy Diesel 5" Turboback and I dont think you can get any louder than that with out getting stacks. My exhaust came with a downpipe and all the hardware I dont know if it would work for you because you might need a different downpipe to locate closer to your Twins:thumbsup

I dont think there is any benefit at all to run a muffler other than the drone factor being lower.....

·
Premium Member
25,253 Posts
Loose the muffler all together. as you've noticed, the twin's are your muffler now. :thumbsup

Dodge | Commins | Forum

·
Registered
491 Posts
i straight piped my trruck and i love it and its not to loud just right

·
Registered
12 Posts
My 03 has 4" straight pipe, and it can be loud when you get on it. But it sounds good. It is just right. quiet when you need it, and loud when you don't.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
BBRAM, thats what I was thinking. Thanks to all who have posted thier comments. Looks like I will straight pipe it. BBRAM, is your rig straight piped or do you know anybody with twins who is? Of course, I will save the muffler!

·
Premium Member
25,253 Posts
Yep, straight piped here. It was loud before the twins. Once the twins went on it was fine.

Dodge | Commins | Forum

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
loose the twins and the muffler....add more fuel and air...6" complete straight pipe for best results :) or just throw some stacks on

·
Banned
1,162 Posts
Loose the muffler all together. as you've noticed, the twin's are your muffler now. :thumbsup
Exactly :thumbsup

1 - 20 of 20 Posts