Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do yall think will be the best Vp44 for my truck.I want to be at 600hp one day.

K

·
0 Posts
you mise well go with a monster or the dragon then you can have 600 untapped but you can do 600hp easily with a tapped sovp and its half the price

·
Registered
153 Posts
PM Gus at FBD... I think he definetly has the cheapest aftermarket VP on the market.. not much more than a stock replacement if not the same price depending on vendor.

·
It's got 12 Valves...
5,032 Posts
Well if you have the money and want BIG power I would say go with the MONSTER..however I am starting to hear good things about the II VP and that might be a good way to go. But the Monster has proven to make high HP so like I said if you can afford it that is probably the way I would go :headbang:

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I thinking about the Bd pump or the Drangon Flow.But dont no which is better to go with

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Or either a Sovp44.I dont want another Hovp44

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
standard so with some sweet pump mods and you are there easy.

·
Registered
44 Posts
what are these sweet pump mods u speek of?

·
Hemi
12,666 Posts
You will prolly notice alot with anything since your coming from that stupid H.O.

·
Registered
155 Posts
How can you tell if its a s.o. or a h.o.?

·
Registered
336 Posts
not to high jack but im about to go test drive a 99 2nd gen with 125xxx miles what should i look for to tell if the vp44 is going bad or if it has some life left?

·
Registered
336 Posts
no gauges now what???

·
Hemi
12,666 Posts
There is a way to check it but I'm not sure. I'm pretty sure mopar1973man will know.

K

·
0 Posts
also 99s never had 6speeds its rare 2000s had 6speeds but they are sovps
01-02 6speeds have ho vp44

1 - 20 of 28 Posts