Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well after working on it for the last 2 weeks it runs again. We just got to go for a good test drive today with the new motor and i think i finally broke 400hp. she pulls great, a little smokey but not bad. mudn 1 and i are going to go to the dyno guy in cullman in a week or two to see if i did it or not.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i was lucky to have a lot of really great people kick in some really great parts to help make it all happen. the first test drive was only 5 feet. because it broke a output shaft in the tranny before it made it to the road. just one little set back. new output back in 2 hours and then we were off. so far it's pullin great. had the chance to spank a mustang today from a red light. after he got beat bad, he stop to ask me what chip i had. talking with him about his little car he said it will run 7.20et in the 1/8. i think it's time to go to the track this week.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
been play with some setups. mostly thing some timming setting. so far it like 28* the best. took it to bailyton last week. In 2wd it will spin the whole track and still went 8.20. I did a soft 4wd launch (10psi) and ran 8.80. the wastgate was set at 45psi and when it hit that it would start to pop. So as soon as i hit lock up, the wastgate would start to shuder bad. II has sent me a new gate to try and so far it will hold @ 68psi. i think i am going to go to bailyton next wed night to some more testing. come on over there. if brad not working he will come. just go 278 east to holly pond, turn right at 91, go 4 or 5 miles then turn right at the sign. track is 1 mile on the right.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I may be able to make it but not sure just yet.I am about to have alot of time on my hands since my last day to work is the 27th.I may come check out your place.Speaking of Brad,,that boy doesnt know how to work his phone.I have been trying to get in touch with him the last 2 days.I was gonna ask him for some help installing my Air dog since he has done that kind of stuff before.But oh well im not completly crippled yet.I think Ill attempt it Sat or Sun.

·
Registered
267 Posts
So you went with the airdog. It's a good pump. 150 or 100? Putting in the draw straw?

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Putting the straw in tommorow.I hope to get it all done.I may also be installing a B&W turnover ball while the bed is off.....We will see how it all works out soon..

·
Registered
267 Posts
Where you getting that from. I'd like to put one in my bed. I hate those rails back there

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well she went 4 passes tonight. (00 pumped 24v, auto dually 7723lbs)
[email protected] 1.94 60ft
[email protected] 1.90 60ft
[email protected] 1.91 60ft
[email protected] 1.70 60ft
then broke output shaft in the tranny AGAIN. That 3 of them in 6 months (2 of them the truck was apart get new motor). it time to get a billet. i would have got it when i got the tranny but they were not out yet. then 3 weeks after i got the tranny they were out. so i will be ordering one in the morning.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts