Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the truck hits a wall at 2k rpms. Hold throttle to the floor it goes to 2k, then down to 1900, then back and forth quickly, buh-bum-buh-bum amd will do it till throttle is released. Has what seems like normal throttle reaponse to that rpm point. No smoke or unusual noises.

Do my normal thing, throw the batteries on the charger make sure im fully charged before diagnosis.

AC noise check reveals .03vac when performed like i did my last two trucks. Which is not good, but not as bad as it could be...

Now my problem is with the ecm i believe. I have no WTS lamp anymore. (Used to come on every key cycle but quit shortly after i got the dang thing) and i put a replacement timbo apps.

No when i probe the apps sensor at idle position it is at .25~ volts. Rising gradually to 2.8v WOT... the truck will start to buck between 1.9v and WOT when it reaches 2k rpms. The truck has no CEL related to apps low voltage when using the key method.
Reference signal to the apps sensor is 3.78v
The engine idles normally when its sitting there, but when i probe the apps wire, the idle drops about 50rpm and starts to lope a tiny bit.

My other sensors have a 4.8v reference signal from the pcm... so what the heck...

I am already getting ppump stuff together but i atleast want the truck to be driveable for the time being. Am i missing anything or does everyone agree that the ecm sounds toast.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well thanks for the input guys. Lol i know im tired of posting, im sure everyone is tired of reading these same posts every few days.

·
Registered
23,452 Posts
Pull codes with a scan tool, not the key. Does sound like ECM, not APPS.
ECM was probably damaged by previous bad alt.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pull codes with a scan tool, not the key. Does sound like ECM, not APPS.
ECM was probably damaged by previous bad alt.
I have about 20 codes.
Map codes, apps codes, p0215, transmission codes, etc.

Its a goner.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.