Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· MS Chapter President
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went out to the track in gulfport and ran my best time so far of 13.07, I was pretty dissapointed but I know what the problem is now. I ran the 13.07 with an ET of 99 but earlier in the night I ran a 13.6x at 103 and made a 13.1 at 103 last week. When I put the Draw straw in the tank I put it too far forward and I think too close to the bottom b/c at the end of the run FP dropped to 4psi. I think the fuel just got too low and the tube sucked up the bottom of the tank or something. I was happiest with my first run of 14.7 tonight actually. I came off the line with 25 psi and sprayed it as soon as it left. I thought I had broken something in the front end until I pulled back in the pits and found rubber all over all 4 fenders. I've never had that much on the back from a burnout let alone the front lol.

· Registered
74 Posts
Pete:

Thanks for the phone call today on your run. I think if you can get that FP problem fixed you should be in the 12's.
DANG you are close Pete!!:thumbsup

-------
John_P

· Registered
473 Posts
Almost there !! You'll get in the 12's soon !!:peelout

· Mark Ward
823 Posts
did you ever get rid of the tq management?? So close man. Youll get there.

· MS Chapter President
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everybody for the kind comments. John I think If I would have had more fuel in the tank I would have had th 12 sec pass for sure. I know it's there If I would have just had the trap speed that the Fueling robbed from me. I'm gonna try and get a new draw straw in the truck by next week and give it another shot. At least now I know 25psi is a little too hard to launch with nitrous lol.

· MS Chapter President
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
did you ever get rid of the tq management?? So close man. Youll get there.
yeah I bought a smarty and it definetly did the trick. I just got excited and launched WAY too hard on the first pass. I have the 60's and the trap speeds I just need them on the same pass lol.

· Mark Ward
823 Posts
lol yea. it just takes some time to get it all together.

· MS Chapter President
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'll get it there I just thought I'd be in the 12's no problem by now.

· Mark Ward
823 Posts
just put a bigger shot of giggle gas on her. like a 175 or 200. that should get you there.:lol3::peelout

· MS Chapter President
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm thinking more injectors and more spray. I would have it no problem how it sit's it's just a traction thing. It is spinning at anything over a 15 psi launch with these crappy mud tires. I need to run on the other side too. A guy told me today the left lane out here is consistently 2-3 tenths slower than the right because the beams are messed up. I'm gonna give it another shot next week. I'm gonna fix the draw straw problem and air down the tires a little and I think I should have it no problem.

· Mark Ward
823 Posts
yea we have that problem at the 1/8th mile i go to. get ya some proxes and you shouldnt have a traction issue at all. or if you still want some mud tires. i was running Hankook Dynapro m/t's and they actually did pretty decent. for a mud tire that is.

· MS Chapter President
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Right now I have 285/75/16 dayton timberline M/T's on 16x10 Mickey thompson classic locks. I'm gonna buy some 305/50/20 proxes as soon as I can find a good enough deal on wheels to wrap them around lol.

· Mark Ward
823 Posts
i got lucky on mine. i guy didnt like them after installin them so the where "used" so i only paid $450 for the whole set. All i had to do was buy tires.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.