Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

121 - 130 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
5,498 Posts
View attachment 907861

Finally got the call. Here is a pic of my 2020 3500 Laramie in Delmonico red with the Night edition as well as max towing and 50 gallon tank, among other things. I took it from the dealership on a 250 mile trip. Absolutely love this truck!
Me like. Me like very much.

Reactions: Ranch41

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
View attachment 907861

Finally got the call. Here is a pic of my 2020 3500 Laramie in Delmonico red with the Night edition as well as max towing and 50 gallon tank, among other things. I took it from the dealership on a 250 mile trip. Absolutely love this truck!
Beautiful combo. 300 miles on mine and I love it. The one and only complaint, would be the passenger mirror coverage in the down position. Takes a little getting used to.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Nice truck!

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
Congrats! That truck looks so bitchen!!! I love my 2020 Ram all over again every time I drive itl

Reactions: Huskerz1

·
Registered
43 Posts
I’ve been stretching her legs since I got her. Took her up into the mountains and after 500 miles hooked up the horse trailer. This thing is a towing beast. There was no car that could keep up climbing to 5,000 ft elevation, I guess the honeymoon is over cause I got her loaded with a quad and tools to start removing our cabin roof.

·
Registered
5,498 Posts
I’ve been stretching her legs since I got her. Took her up into the mountains and after 500 miles hooked up the horse trailer. This thing is a towing beast. There was no car that could keep up climbing to 5,000 ft elevation, I guess the honeymoon is over cause I got her loaded with a quad and tools to start removing our cabin roof.
What transmission and gear ratio did you go with?

·
Registered
43 Posts
What transmission and gear ratio did you go with?
I wanted the 1,000 ft lb tq so the AISIN trans and 4.10 gears for the Max tow pkg, including air leveling. Just got hom from demo the roof. Carrying all that weight downhill was a breeze with the exhaust break.

Well as Forrest Gump said, “I’m tired now. I need to sleeppppp.”

·
Registered
644 Posts
The new sc'd 500 puts out 760 hp from its Predator motor compared to the 350 with NA 526 hp Voodoo motor. I've had two sc'd cars. A 2014 GT500 that put out 662 hp from its Trinity motor and the Hellcat with 707 hp. The 2014 GT500 was just a stupid car from Ford. Not enough driveline suspension to handle the hp and tq. It was a constant pucker factor driving that thing. I honestly hated driving it. I traded in a 12 Boss on it and regretted to this day. The Boss was very well balanced with enough power and good handling. I traded in the 14 GT500 on the HC and I actually liked the HC. I just got bored driving it. I was a land yacht that was really fun in a straight line. I traded that in my R and have been on cloud 9 ever since. The best balance of handling and power I have ever felt. Music to my ears along the way to 8k+ rpm. Ordinary low end tq to speak of really. It's a high strung motor that is designed to operate on the track above 5k. The majic starts to begin around 4k.
I looked hard at the 500 but I will not bite and give this R up. They'll make 5k units a year of the 500. From 2015 to 2020 there maybe are only 4k GT350R units made. 2020 is the last year for the R. It's a special car to me. It's made for the driving connoisseur.
Congrats on your new truck @Huskerz1! I also enjoyed reading your comments about your Mustangs. I have an '11 GT as my daily driver right now. I absolutely love it but I definitely have an eye out for a GT500 or 350R. I completely agree with your land yacht comments about the HC as well.

Reactions: Huskerz1

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
Congrats on your new truck @Huskerz1! I also enjoyed reading your comments about your Mustangs. I have an '11 GT as my daily driver right now. I absolutely love it but I definitely have an eye out for a GT500 or 350R. I completely agree with your land yacht comments about the HC as well.
Thanks! I have been fortunate to have owned some cool cars along the way. Understanding your particular love of driving style is key and could've saved me some $$$ along the way. But you live and learn. If you like the brutal straight line power and speed, I'd definitely be into a new GT500 or Red Eye HC. I you like to have a balance of handling and power, go with the 350R, SS1LE, Zl1. Keep in mind Ford dealers have always been proud of their offerings in the specialty cars. The bang for the buck is a Rede Eye, SS1LE, ZL1. The 350 R, like I said it is a special car to me. It sings on the road course.

121 - 130 of 130 Posts