Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I can finally relax and quit searching the nation. I decided to order exactly what I wanted. There were some really nice deals on F350 Crew Cab DRW's locally but it boiled down to already owning a Mega Cab and wanting the Mega Cab Night Edition. That F350 10 spd trans was nice. I drove a few to get the feel but the F350 was feeling to foreign to me. My heart is with the Cummins, Mega Cab interior, and Night Edition. I felt more at home inside of it. Hopefully in 2-3 months I'll be able to share actual pics. I don't mind the wait to be honest. Just gonna press on saving more money to put down. LOL.
2.jpg

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Do they not offer the 50 gallon fuel tank on the mega?

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Do they not offer the 50 gallon fuel tank on the mega?

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
The 50 gallon tank is not offered on the Mega Cab as of now. I don't do OTR hauling anyway.

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
Now the long wait. It WILL be worth it. Congrats.

I also love the look of the Mega Cab duallies!

Reactions: Huskerz1

·
Registered
265 Posts
It would be nice if they would get back to building them the state of emergence was just extended to the end of May.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I love dually mega cabs but surprised you didn’t order the HO w/Aisin?
The Mega Cab is awesome. The wife and I really wanted to stick with it. Three kids and grand kids one day. I have a Pullrite SuperGlide autoslider for my 07 Mega Cab and it's been amazing. Hard decision on not choosing the Aisin. I test drove both a few times. I have nothing but good experience with the 68RFE in my truck. Boiled down to liking the 68 shift patterns better and not needing the Aisin for my towing needs really.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It would be nice if they would get back to building them the state of emergence was just extended to the end of May.
The Big 3 possibly back to work may18th. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
948 Posts
The Big 3 possibly back to work may18th. Fingers crossed.
FCA says Mexican plants will continue to be closed after that date. They haven’t made a decision yet.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Congrats on the new truck and hopefully the world starts turning again so they can build it sooner than later.

Im with you on preferring the 68RFE over the Aisin. I test drove a 2019 3500 with the HO/Aisin combo and the salesman told me to “get on it to feel the power”. When it started defueling I wrote off that transmission, waiting for a new transmission before I order a brand new truck.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Congrats on the new truck and hopefully the world starts turning again so they can build it sooner than later.

Im with you on preferring the 68RFE over the Aisin. I test drove a 2019 3500 with the HO/Aisin combo and the salesman told me to “get on it to feel the power”. When it started defueling I wrote off that transmission, waiting for a new transmission before I order a brand new truck.
How do the Aisin's defuel? Is it rpm based?

·
Registered
14 Posts
The Mega Cab is awesome. The wife and I really wanted to stick with it. Three kids and grand kids one day. I have a Pullrite SuperGlide autoslider for my 07 Mega Cab and it's been amazing. Hard decision on not choosing the Aisin. I test drove both a few times. I have nothing but good experience with the 68RFE in my truck. Boiled down to liking the 68 shift patterns better and not needing the Aisin for my towing needs really.
Glad someone pointed out the shift quality on the new 68's. Listened to a podcast where Revmax described the improvements to the new 68. I would've ordered the truck exactly the way you have.

If you don't mind me asking, what fifth wheel do you tow?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Glad someone pointed out the shift quality on the new 68's. Listened to a podcast where Revmax described the improvements to the new 68. I would've ordered the truck exactly the way you have.

If you don't mind me asking, what fifth wheel do you tow?
Here's my current setup. ~13000 lbs with a pin weight of ~1900 lbs. I went back an forth about whether to opt for 4.10's. Still kinda do but I think it'll get the load moving with 3.73's better than my 07 with it's 3.73's and it does just fine.

·
Registered
948 Posts
1 - 20 of 130 Posts