Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well anyways it's time for me to rebuild the front end of my truck. I really need help with this on exactly what to buy.

Anyways, I'm 22 years old, and I'm on a sum what tight budget. I have a serious wobble when I hit bumps from my steering wheel, and the truck ALWAYS pulls to the right. I had the alignment done 3x and never fixed the issue.

I know I'm looking at the front ball joints as I checked them and they are bad.
----Where is the best place to buy these. I've heard RockAuto is the best place to buy the Moog's from, but does Moog make a non-adjustable upper. I will be doing this my self, and won't know how to install those.

Also the tie rods are shot on my truck. There is a lot of play in those as well. I see that Dodge makes an upgraded suspension for the truck. My dealer said $278 for the kit, and another $130 for the dampener. I just want to know if I can get it cheaper somewhere else.

Also, when I'm there I'm going to do the u-joints on the front axles. I got a quote from the dealer for $52/e for these. Would that be a safe bet as well???

Just looking for help, and what you all think is going to be the best route for me with all this

·
Registered
209 Posts
buy all moog u-joints, ball joints, tie rods, if not available through moog get precision u-joints, another good brand, but definitly get moog greasable ball joints.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I got mine from NAPA ,lifetime warranty. They might not be as good as Moog but I will never buy another set. That said Im sure Moog have a lifetime warranty also.

If your going to do this yourself you will need a ball joint press,and just getting to that point will have you cussing. You can rent the press at most Autoparts stores but you have to make sure its made for big trucks and not for cars.

·
Registered
833 Posts
I bought all my stuff from Rock Auto...best prices best parts for the $..but I think Autozone has duralast parts cheaper too

·
Premium Member
2,041 Posts
Get the moog ball joints from rock auto and yes they make non adj. uppers make sure when u install the lowers u point the zerks forward for easy greasing.Get the newer steering from dodgeparts.com and make sure the #'s end w/ ae theat the newre one the older one is recalled. other than that id replace the trac bar with a thuren bar,its a real qualitypiece!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts