Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
out the ride. Any ideas? I was thinking of putting those concrete 2X3 ft sidewalk blocks in the bed, that way there will be some weight but still nice and flat to load stuff in. It would probably be real noisy going over bumps and the blocks lifting in the air slightly air slightly then slamming back down so I was going to put a rubber liner underneath.

The problem is cost, I want to do this for as little $ as possible. Any ideas are appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Well, there's always the hairbrained way of doing it.

Apart from that ( :w: ) just about everything has it's downsides. Anything heavy and metal is worth more as scrap nowadays than traction, concrete blocks like to slide or come loose during an accident, sand bags just get nasty after a while, those water bladders you can buy are expensive...

·
Registered
713 Posts
While not the cheapest way to fix it, removing a couple of leaf springs and adding air bags will give a much softer ride, then air up the bags when you need the extra capacity.

George

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well, there's always the hairbrained way of doing it.

Apart from that ( :w: ) just about everything has it's downsides. Anything heavy and metal is worth more as scrap nowadays than traction, concrete blocks like to slide or come loose during an accident, sand bags just get nasty after a while, those water bladders you can buy are expensive...
Begle1 that was a great thread! Ive been over there for a long time, that place is like a kindergarden room lately :CRY:

anyways I always added some sand bags during winter for the weight, and yes as begle said they do get messy after a while:steam:

·
Registered
71 Posts
What about a bed mounted fuel tank...like a transfer tank? The extra diesel would come in handy sometime and it would add weight like you want. Not the cheapest but I think its better then concrete in the bed.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
haha! concrete in the bed! That's pretty funny.... Um... how bout get you a nice toolbox and fill it up with nice tools!? Or even throw a nice gas powered air compressor on it. haha that'll add weight and tell the wife it's all for smoother ride and for traction... :w:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts