Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

I need some opinions. . .

1309 Views 19 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  hogsndogs
I just got an '06 and i would like to hear some opinions on what the fail points are and what support mods I need to fix that. I'm pretty familiar with my '01 and it's fuel system but the '06 not so much. :peelout
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· DELETE YOUR TURBO!!!!!
3,160 Posts
just the normal dodge front end issues as far as i know on the 06's, the seats suck in them do a search on that there are alot of write ups on ways to fix it.

· Registered
1,191 Posts
Good fuel filter, be ready for HVAC problems, drive it like ya own it!

· Registered
1,191 Posts
Oh yea, check to see if the Multi-Function Switch was replaced, pretty sure the 06's were recalled for that!

· DELETE YOUR TURBO!!!!!
3,160 Posts
Good fuel filter, be ready for HVAC problems, drive it like ya own it!
now if you would have bought an 03 you coulld drive it like you stole it lol jk. i forgot about the hvac problems:doh: i should know mines having them lol

· Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You guys are gonna have to dummy it down for a minute. HVAC? Multi function switch?

· Registered
1,191 Posts
HVAC = Heating ventilation and air conditioning. There are several doors that have a tendency to fail, when they do they each have certain symptoms. These doors include Mode, Blend, Recirc and maybe one more.

MFS= Multifunction Switch, this is the turn signal/high beam/windshield washer stalk on the lt side of the column. THese trucks are famous for the switches going out and causing weird issues with the wipers.

Reactions: hogsndogs

· Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks. That makes sense. The a/c vents in the back seat don't blow. and the a/c controls don't light up when i turn the lights on. Thirdly when switching the controls that change up the airflow, the trasition between vents is real slow. Sometimes it doesn't change at all, till i play with it. How can i fix that.

· Registered
1,191 Posts
Best to use the search function and search "recirc door" or "mode door". days worth of reading...good luck!

· Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
sorry but i've only had the truck since saturday. search function? the truck didn't come with an owners manual.

· Registered
1,191 Posts
up on the top of the page is a tab called "search", click it, type in your subject, it will take you to all the threads that pertain to your query.

· Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Doh!

:doh:
up on the top of the page is a tab called "search", click it, type in your subject, it will take you to all the threads that pertain to your query.
Sorry, i wasn't on the same page. Now i feel dumb:doh:
I thought you might be talking about a code reader. Thank you for your help.

· Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Not to hijack my thread but, Do i need to upgrade my lift pump? I'm not real familiar with the cp3. Everyone has been telling me to get good fuel filter. So i got that down. What support mod would be the best idea?

· Registered
1,191 Posts
:doh:

Sorry, i wasn't on the same page. Now i feel dumb:doh:
I thought you might be talking about a code reader. Thank you for your help.
Doo doo happens! :agree2:

Not to hijack my thread but, Do i need to upgrade my lift pump? I'm not real familiar with the cp3. Everyone has been telling me to get good fuel filter. So i got that down. What support mod would be the best idea?
Unless you plan on adding a bunch more fuel most dont replace the LP until it starts going...your new filter doesnt require a better LP.

Your best bet on spending $ would be to drive it for a while and see where it needs improvement, while your doing this save up your coins...they are expensive little devils!!!:headbang:

· Premium Member
12,470 Posts
A good fuel filter with a low micron rating is always a plus for the CR injector.

As far as supporting mods it really just depends what your wanting to do with the truck. What are your intentions for future mods?

· Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well, all i really plan on doing to it is dropping in a straight pipe, intake, and edge juice.

· Registered
1,191 Posts
You should be fine doing those things without further upgrades. Just be careful with the edge.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.