Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2009 2500 Mega Cab with a manual tranny and im trying to find a single pipe system that has a nice sound that can be heard. But i want to stay away from taking off all the emisions crap they put on now days so im basically looking for a cat-back system. Any ideas or advice on any specific exhaust systems? :confused013:

·
Registered
624 Posts
It has been posted many times that you will not notice any sound differences with a cat back system. Who knows maybe the ATS DPF is the answer, but I doubt it.

G

·
no noise from any cat back system. please don't waste your money. if your after a little rumble, the emissions have to go. your truck will thank you for it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does getting rid of the emissions crap dig into the ol' wallet pretty good?

·
Registered
624 Posts
Nah you can do it on the cheap for less than 100 bucks without a programmer. You can also do it with a programmer and an exhaust for under 1k

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I researched a little and found a DPF-delete exhaust system made by AFE. Would that help with getting some rumble?

·
Registered
694 Posts
AFE is an air intake and wont help if your lookin to get loud. DPF-R, egt sims (you can make these), smarty, or xrt are just a few of the ones off the top of my head that will let you take the DPF off. i have a straight 5" stainless, its pretty loud but not even close to my '04 with a straight.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Howdy,

hope you can help. Looking for a 3500 SWR mega.

up to 2007 was the 5.9 now it's different.

Is it better to get new or keep looking for the pre 2007 any help would be greatly appreciated.

Could you email me at [email protected]

Many Thanks

David

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
AFE is an air intake and wont help if your lookin to get loud. DPF-R, egt sims (you can make these), smarty, or xrt are just a few of the ones off the top of my head that will let you take the DPF off. i have a straight 5" stainless, its pretty loud but not even close to my '04 with a straight.
He is probably talking about AFE exhausts...

On that note stay away from AFE exhausts they are kinda chitty... cheap though.. but if you want something decent..and easy on the wallet...try out flo pro...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Those are just sensor foolers, correct? and then i just replace my DPF with a straight pipe coming right off the cat?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Does the DPF-R also void my warranty?

·
Registered
694 Posts
O ok i gotcha. Anything you do that involves takin off your factory emissions equipment will void your warranty if you have a dealership that isn't friendly.

·
Registered
98 Posts
dpf-r would be easy to put back to stock. the dealer would be able to tell you had done something if they look hard enough though.

i have the flo pro turbo to muffler kit. it bolted right in. i like it. with the factory muffler it isnt very loud.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.