Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son just called me, he stopped to help a guy broke down with an 04 Pwerstroke and it seems the guy just came from a service station where he put in GAS!!!!!!! Please tell me how to help..thanks

·
Registered
284 Posts
Tow it! Absolutley needs to be drained and flushed. How far did he drive it? Probably better cross his fingers as well. Good luck!

·
Registered
98 Posts
give the powerjoke a tow:lol3: nothing you can do to get him running again

·
Premium Member
25,764 Posts
How much Gas? If much at all, I agree with the above post.

Dodge | Commins | Forum

·
Registered
434 Posts
Get a couple of buckets and drain it right there!!! If he didnt get very far, hopefully he didnt kill the engine, but he could put diesel in it, throw in some Lucas fuel lube, and get to a better place to look it over. We had a few employees over the years do the same thing, and this always seemed to work just fine.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It seems the guy drove about a mile, my son said it was knocking HORRIBLE, they are trying to reach a diesel mechanic, hard to do though on a Saturday evening.

·
Registered
434 Posts
My father -in-law to be did that last month...he drove about 10 miles before he realized what he did. His was smoking, knocking, and overall running about like a powerstroke does. We drained it at his office, filled it back up with diesel, threw in some Lucas, changed the fuel filter, and off he went!!

G

·
Tow it back to the station

Fortunately he had a mix of Diesel and gas. He can get as much as he can out of the tank and fill it to the brim with Diesel. Drain the fuel filter, fill it with Diesel and prime.

The engine will moan for a short time and come around. Provided there is no head gasket damage, he'll be fine. A mile isn't going to do that much.

His mileage will be real good on that tank of gas. . .Truck will run real good and maybe some knocking until the next tank full.

Been there

·
Washington Chapter Pres.
2,023 Posts
Well...Austin called it...lol Hes the mechanic...not much of a ladies man, but knows his trucks...lol
Women are too complicated to figure out anyways. I'll stick to diesels. They need to make a "Understanding Women" course.:lol3:

·
Registered
434 Posts
"The fundamentals of women 101"...it would be way harder than understanding compression engines...lol In the mean time, stick to helping stranded powerstrokes!!

·
Washington Chapter Pres.
2,023 Posts
"The fundamentals of women 101"...it would be way harder than understanding compression engines...lol In the mean time, stick to helping stranded powerstrokes!!
That seems to be my job lately.

·
Washington Chapter Pres.
2,023 Posts
All fun aside though...could he not just drain it, replace the filter, throw in some diesel and be on his way?
He could take that route. Prob be quicker and easier. Just pull the supply line from the pump and drain it into a bucket. Probably have to bump the starter every once in a while to keep the pump running.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts