Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know there r some threads on it but i can't find them, i have my headlights apart and i know not 2 paint the reflctors but what i need 2 know is how muck of the chrome 2 paint. anyone? links and pics would b helpful.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,732 Posts
I think I have seen people paint all the chrom but the little cones that reflect the light from the bulb... not positive though... use the search if you haven't already I am sure there is something on there for them good luck

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya i did the search thing to no avail so just hoping someone chimes in that has done it.

·
Premium Member
3,791 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
When I had my SVT focus i did this to the factory HID headlamps....it's very involving. It was tough to pull apart a set of $1000 headlamps...

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I've seen that "how to" before. I think you're on the right track though. All the chrome goes except for the light cone interiors and the reflectors. You should also try the search feature over on DTR, I think that's where it is. I'll see if I can find the link.

Here it is-- DIY 06 NightRunner Headlights....The Full Write Up!! - Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums
hey shagginwagon thats exactly what i was looking 4 thx so much man I LOVE THIS PLACE!! even when its the little things.:thumbsup:btw u get ur fuel pump and tranny done yet? if u need a hand or cutting /welding tools let me know im close 2 u and id b glad 2 help!:party018:

·
Premium Member
3,791 Posts
hey shagginwagon thats exactly what i was looking 4 thx so much man I LOVE THIS PLACE!! even when its the little things.:thumbsup:btw u get ur fuel pump and tranny done yet? if u need a hand or cutting /welding tools let me know im close 2 u and id b glad 2 help!:party018:
Right on brother!

I haven't done either yet. DTT is training the guys from Vulcan Performance. I think I'm gonna get a DTT. Just haven't pulled the trigger. As far as the fuel supply, I'm leaning towards just a pump to the stock fuel filter with a Baldwin 7977 then to a CAT 2 micron, then to the CP3 with 1/2" line throughout.

Been thinking about this headlight mod too! Have you checked out cheapbay. You can get a spare light to practic on for about $40-50. It's gonna look sweet!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
they came apart easy the paint is drying and they look pretty good the reason im doing this is i am going 2 get the projector style lights w/ hid's but i wanted 2 see if i want black or chrome? this is cheaper than getting lights i don't like and making the wife t'd off.:shock::hehe::hehe::hehe:

·
Premium Member
3,791 Posts
Very cool. Post up some pics of the process, and of course the results!!

And HURRY UP!! I want to see some pics!:shock:

·
Premium Member
3,791 Posts
When you gonna post up some pics of those lights?:confused013:

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
162 Posts