Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I think my TC is goin out. When doing about 60 and I start to go up a hill in overdrive, with the cruise on, it will jump a few hundred RPM's, and once I crest the hill it will pop back down.

So that leads me to my question, what kind of torque converter would you suggest? Has anyone boughten one off of eBay with any luck?

I'm on a pretty limited budget, as most of my work comes along in the summer, but I want to get a quality TC.

Thanks

· Registered
610 Posts
i think the only TC i would get off ebay is one from ATS the others are junk from what ive seen

· Registered
114 Posts
I would be cautious with ebay transmission parts. Cheap parts are nice and all but were talking about your tranny. A single disc billet will run you about 750.00 and are good for up to 600 hp. If your planning on more than that look at a triple disc. Ats, suncoast, bd are all make good products.

· Vendor
13,008 Posts
you will want a valvebody to go with the TQ converter, without higher line pressure you may not get lock up on the converter.

most of the EBAY converters are not worth it. go with a reputable company. I have had customers slip the 3d and 4d converters sold on ebay for about $500 or so with just 350HP

· Registered
936 Posts
jacob is right i had one of the ebay converters and its a piece of junk. didn't feel any diffrent than stock and wouldn't lock up at all. atleast my stock one locked up.

oh! jacob when you gunna call me

· Registered
363 Posts
if you really need a fix...
i have a stock one with about 30k easy miles on it... i bought an engine out of an 00' from the original owner... the starter went out and the truck had 280k on it and he had a brand new 08' (said he couldnt go back to the 2000, he got addicted to the creature comforts...)
had a new tranny and tq put in about 255k he said and when i bought the engine...$1000!!! we just left the tq and flexplate on it... im gonna put a 6 speed behind it so im looking to get the flexplate and tq out of my garage pretty cheap cuz i have no use for it.. pm me if your interested... thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.