Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
14,150 Posts
Do all of the CTD have dual radiators? I don't see it on mine but I don't look at something if it ain't broke.
No, they stopped using them in very early 2015 models, as I stated mine didn't have them.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I wonder if that has something to do with the shroud issue? Having to work just that little extra to keep it cool. I think I will just stick with 2 for now as it was designed.

Thanks for all of the input on this. I will report back on how the Spectra installation goes.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
My mishimoto had issues with the threaded holes and the poor quality hardware they include. And, in my experience their customer service SUCKS. When I had my problem, I called and left a message and emailed, they finally responded SIX DAYS LATER, by then I had already made stuff work. The cheap hardware they include sucks, but one bolt they shorted me had to be replaced by one from the local hardware store and it screwed in perfectly. One trans cooler line threaded boss had the threads not tapped squarely, but I made that work by using teflon tape and forcing the fitting in straight, and it isn't leaking after my recent 2400 mile trip.
The radiator cools perfectly fine, and you definitely can replace the dual radiator with the single mishimoto, you just have to change the hoses, possibly some of the accessory cooler brackets, but unsure of that since my truck is a single radiator.
I saw the review where you smoked them. Good on you.

For that kind of money, it should never have passed QC.

·
Rear Admiral Rickard Onmi
6,238 Posts
I would personally prefer a fully welded radiator over a plastic end cap variant, but let's face it, there are millions and millions of plastic end cap radiators on the road right now, because quite simply, they work.

·
Registered
10,424 Posts
My '07's got the original. I'm afraid to get a new truck.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
My 14 has the 2 radiator system with plastic tanks. If there was an issue I would probably go with a single rad system and new hoses. For now that is the least of my worries on this truck. I suppose the all alu welded ones are better but if the quality is low then a factory unit might be better as there are many out there with no issues.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts