Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so tonight i put in my new 130hp edm's coaltrain injectors. the install went long but good. we retightened everything 3 or 4 times and took our time so it would be done right. so we get finished, bump it start it andits fine. take it for a test drive (about a mile) and all is well. so im heading home and all the sudden this attrocious knock starts coming from the engine, and i mean loud, i stop the truck immediately and my truck is hidden in a cloud of white smoke. I was driving it like a granny too!! i crack all the lines to see if there was any air in them and they were fine. starting cranking on the motor and it wont fire. i stopped cranking the motor in fear of hydrolocking the motor, so here i sit with a broke down truck in my driveway. a friend of mine who is a diesel mechanic says hes not sure but it sounds like maybe a tip broke off of the injector. i am absolutely clueless as to what happened to my truck but something bad is definately wrong...what do you guys think?

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump, anyone??

·
UNDERCONSTRUCTION
1,334 Posts
I'd pull the injectors and see if maybe one of them is in fact broken for starters. And see if you can pull any codes if a tip isn't broken it will most likely point you in the direction of your problem.

·
Premium Member
5,382 Posts
Logic would suggest that you have an injector problem. I would call Coaltrain and get their advice before doing anything else. Given that this could potentially lead to a warranty claim, I suspect they would like to be involved immediately as well.

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
I would deffinately contact coaltrain. However I would have done it behind the scenes, especially if you suspect a faulty product. If that checked out ok, turned out to be something else, people might believe they have a bad product.
I hope its not too serious. :thumbsup
Smokes

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
i wasnt trying to bash them or their product, i just needed to get some opinions of what the experts thought about what was going on. i have never had anything that seemed so serious happen to a vehicle of my own and i am absolutely freaking out!!

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
Did you get any check engine light or codes to go with all that noise?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Glad it's running again. How do you like the new injectors now?

·
Banned
432 Posts
I went over and checked it out. it turned out to be a stuck nozzle. got some kind of contamination in it.:thumbsup
You went from Toledo to Kentucky to help out a customer? Not too many companies will give that kind of service any more. Glad to see it!

·
Registered
648 Posts
i second that. that is awsome service.

·
Registered
21 Posts
now thats service

·
Registered
205 Posts
Ok fellas, you have my attention. Anyone that drives across state lines to fix a customer's truck deserves a shot at my business.....
You are the pro's so here is what I would like:
I have an 02 24V HO 6 sp,CON-OFE, Air Dog 100gph LP, new VP-44, Banks exhaust and brake, Holset HX-35 with the Banks turbine housing and 40 comp wheel and housing, Van AAken box. I am looking for a set of injectors to bring the whole combo to life and will be either pulling the VA box or stacking it on a Smarty. What do I need for injectors? Please post a reply here for others to see and PM me a price list.
BTW, I did join your forum too. How about a section for members to post their combo's and time slips or dyno graphs to see how they work?
Thanks... Chris

·
Gone Fishing!!
3,029 Posts
I heard he was already in Kentucky:popcorn:

Hey ynots57 I don't think I would stand behind a fertilizer spreader either...(lol)

·
Premium Member
1,812 Posts
I guess I should have been more specific. yes I was already in Kentucky. I was about an hour away so I went over to check it out. I will always stand behind our products the best that I can.:thumbsup

·
Registered
120 Posts
WOW :thud::thud: That is AWSOME that is a great thing to hear that a company is willing to do what coaltrain did :woot::woot::woot: Congrats guys wiked service James c/o Stax Motorsports:beer

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i have to agree....i was pleasantly surprised as to how this situation was handled and my appreciation goes out to the coaltrain boys, especially mark...now if i could just get the injectors back and in my truck....:peelout . they felt awesome for the little time that they were in, you definately got my business!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts