Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man I love to race ricers. Just raced my friend across town in his heavily modified civic. I was pullin away smoking in his window while he was trying to keep up in vtech. Now he keeps texting me "Damn". He knew my truck was fast, but I dont think he ever expected it cummin. Just wanted to share that kill.:peelout

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone else ever blow away a friend in a race recently?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, thats what I ment. He was reving it to 8500 rpm! His motor isnt going to last very long.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Congrats on the kill. my buddies didnt think my truck was fast till i showed them what a cummins can really do. now they all want one.

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
i had a ricer civic at the track that refused to race me, he kept saying he would kill me, i even said ide race him for $100! he must have known, but he kept saying his car weighs 1/4 of mine and would smoke me and that his car (cuz it had front slicks) was too good to race me. he was all kocky about how he would kill me. i eventually told him that if he would just admit he was scared to race me i would stop askin him to race, so he eventually said it. even tho i didnt race him, i was satisfied with that! LOL
almost as good as smoking him down the track.

·
Banned
4,630 Posts
Yeah, thats what I ment. He was reving it to 8500 rpm! His motor isnt going to last very long.
They are high revving gas engines...that's where the horsepower is. Perfectly safe rev range. The K20A (Honda) engine revs to 8200rpm stock and with just a couple internal mods is good for over 9k. And the F22 (stock in the S2000s) revs to 9000 stock.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
crazy kids in their hondas!

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
yeah i don't believe in honda. a factory turbo car is so much stronger and built for the abuse!
must be why i'm about to buy a ctd!

·
Registered
88 Posts
I had a honda once... in high school... Good car. bought it for $2000, ran it for 2 years and about 60,000 miles then sold it for $1800. $100/year plus operating cost- was the cheapest transportation I've ever owned. To slow though.... wwwaaaaayyyy ttttooooooo sssllllllooooooow. I wonder how it would do against my stock 12valve? I'll stick with ye ol ctd anyday!

·
Registered
541 Posts
yeah i don't believe in honda. a factory turbo car is so much stronger and built for the abuse!
must be why i'm about to buy a ctd!
If I was going to buy a car it would be that WRX. Those little suckers are bad @ss! Although I wouldnt mind having your Lex either:thumbsup

·
Registered
974 Posts
If I was going to buy a car it would be that WRX. Those little suckers are bad @ss! Although I wouldnt mind having your Lex either:thumbsup
I like the lexus better. its something you dont really see everyday.

·
Registered
148 Posts
They are high revving gas engines...that's where the horsepower is. Perfectly safe rev range. The K20A (Honda) engine revs to 8200rpm stock and with just a couple internal mods is good for over 9k. And the F22 (stock in the S2000s) revs to 9000 stock.
the f22 redline was bumped down to 8k rpm due to the larger stroke. and more torque.

the old f20a s2000 motor had a 9k redline. a new set of springs, and cams, maybe exhaust and intake, they do over 11k rpms, and make power all the way up there.

dumb little thing have 0 torque. power is for bragging rights, torque wins races.

·
Banned
393 Posts
Smoked a Neon green Eclipse while pullin a small bumper pull horse trailer today!!! No chip!!! All truck baby...lol

·
Premium Member
1,023 Posts
Anyone else ever blow away a friend in a race recently?
Last year I had bigger nozzles on my truck. A guy at work has a Mustang Cobra SVT. We were talking a bit and the next thing you know, we are on our way out of work and racing off from a light. I was on his rear deck NASCAR style until we had to back out of it. 80 in a 35 would not go over very well with the Judge. The next day he asked my friend at work, who saw the whole thing, what I had done under the hood and he said "don't ask, and don't run him again or you will really be embarassed!!" Now he let me go first and follows from a good distance due to the smoke factor:peelout!!

·
Registered
86 Posts
I wish i had my truck tonight coming home from school would have been a perfect opportunity. Seems like every time I'm out looking for some fun theres nobody around, unless i'm in my crappy gas saver commuter.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts