Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really do like my truck. In fact just about everything about it seems to agree with me and what I do with it.
BUT there are a few little things that seem to have been overlooked by the designers.
The most annoying thing for me is the lcd readouts on the radio and the overhead. Is it me or what?? It seems that anytime there is daylight it is difficut to read them. Also the lettering is just a little too small. The other thing is the clock in the radio. When I have it on sat. radio.(most of the time) the clock is very hard to read.
Maybe there is something I dont know about adjusting it, but i don't think so. What were they thinking about.
OK now I feel better, that don't help fix anything but at least I got my crying over with.

·
Premium Member
1,065 Posts
make sure the head lamp switch roller thing is not in the daytime position for lights on

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
you forgot to mention the stupid useless cupholders...........

·
Registered
238 Posts
Same problem

I had all of the same compliants that you do. I made a trip to the eye doctor, got new glasses and walah! I see everything just fine!:rof

·
Registered
850 Posts
what about the oil pan on the 2nd gens. have to undo the motor mounts or pull the tranny to slide her outta there. kinda dumb.but i can live with it. dont think ill ever get rid of her.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I had all of the same compliants that you do. I made a trip to the eye doctor, got new glasses and walah! I see everything just fine!:rof
:lol3:

Is this a serious thread or what?? Things could be a little worse, umm, like owning a rice diesel by Isuzu?? Maybe they'll make a "visually challenged" display, kind of like the playing cards that have huge numbers on 'em??:rof

·
Registered
756 Posts
the only problem i have is that the truck is too quiet but hopefully that will change soon ......... i haven't had any problems with the cupholders they hold everything that i have ever put in them the only thing is the one behind the shifter but i have the lil ashtray thing that they give u in there used as a cahgne tray so its all good

·
Si vis pacem, para bellum
2,459 Posts
try tinting your windows a little bit. you'd be surprised how much even 35% film can cut the glare off your gauges, OHC, and radio...

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry Butch, Did'nt mean to spoil your day.

Thanks Bronco, that is what I was looking for. I would never have thought about tinting to stop the glare, which is the main problem.

·
Si vis pacem, para bellum
2,459 Posts
no problem. when you have it done, talk to the tint guy about doing an "eyebrow" on the front windshield also. it will make a HUGE difference in glare on the dash, especially when driving east in the mornings or west in the afternoons. tint is the absolute first thing I do to ANY vehicle i have; keeps the interior cooler, the A/C doesn't have to work as hard, cuts glare, and makes it harder for wandering eyes to look inside.

·
Registered
241 Posts
you forgot to mention the stupid useless cupholders...........
I love mine, they're adjustable!!! First one's like that I've ever had.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts