Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Smells like Bananas
7,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first time to post here in this section guys and it feels good. i have only owned 5.9 CR's and now i have a 6.7 that is a great truck but i have wanted a 12v for about a year now. I found a 96' 180hp, Ext Cab, Long Bed, 4wd, 134k miles, 47re, 4.10 (which i dont like at all), I picked it up for $8250 out the door. I feel i did good on the price. i had my mechanic look at it at Dodge and he felt it was in great shape for its age. Hes use to seeing beat up farm trucks. Please dont tell my girl different if that was a bad price!!!!!!!!!

The Truck has a few minor things that need to be fixed that come with its age, Track bar, a few tie rods, clutch on the A/C compressor(which i will replace the whole unit), Cruise control not working, ABS light comes and goes. and a couple small oil leaks here and there that dont leave oil on the ground as of yet.

:beer:$::beer:$::peelout

·
Registered
153 Posts
looks like a great buy to me. I wouldn't take 12k for my 99

·
Registered
262 Posts
Clean looking truck, nice job. Oh and seems to be a real good price

·
Registered
98 Posts
good deal looks like it is in excellent condition don't forget to check out the kdp ! :thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

·
Smells like Bananas
7,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
good deal looks like it is in excellent condition don't forget to check out the kdp ! :thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup
Fortunately we have a Forum to go to. I know absolutely nothing about the 12v's i can hold my own pretty well with a CR, But what do you mean to check out the "kdp"

·
Smells like Bananas
7,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hopefully Tuesday or Wed i will be Replacing all of the bushings, tied rods and the track bar on the front end. Today I am putting a new A/C Compressor on it.. Texas heat sucks, and its not even hot yet

·
SC Chapter President
1,024 Posts
Sharp lookin' truck bud, I have one just like it, 'cept mine's a 95 and a stick, enjoy you're new 12V, they're all kinds of fun!

·
HI
3,448 Posts
congrats on the truck. Looks great. I'm looking for a 12v just like yours because I want to build a pulling truck but also use as a toy when I'm not pulling. They are hard to find so congrats again man:thumbsup

1 - 10 of 10 Posts