Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought it it has 85k on it just wonderin what i should do to ensure longer life from tranny and motor????

·
Registered
223 Posts
basics.... first and for most get a fuel pressure guage and make sure you have good fuel psi, then do a trans service cause since you bought it used you never know when it was done last (probably change the oil also) you could change out your fuel filter and check the air filter....and go from there

·
Registered
643 Posts
Don't modify it!!!!!! HAHA, we'll see how long it takes for some comments on that. Change your fluids and filters with quality stuff, let it warm up before working it, let the turbo cool down before shutdown and enjoy.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Congrats on the truck and :welcome: Definitely a fuel pressure gauge at least and maybe a a performance lift pump. If you want to start seeing a little more power, you might want to consider an intake, exhaust, pyro, boost, and tranny gauges (if its an auto transmission), they maybe a small programer.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
for exhaust, stacks? single? or dual? what sounds better and what performs better?

·
Registered
32 Posts
exhaust

i have an 02 and i think straight pipe is the best for autos...stacks for standard...just my opinion...

·
Banned
275 Posts
First things first it doesn't matter if its new or used...stock battery and stock shocks need to go bye bye...then do all fluids, tranny, oil, dif's, transfer case, etc....once you get that knocked outta the way, do all the normal fun stuff!!!

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I would drive the holy crap out of it and replace the stuff that falls off with better stuff :lol3::rof:rof

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,292 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
how do i change out the transfer case fluid?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I would drive the holy crap out of it and replace the stuff that falls off with better stuff :lol3::rof:rof
That is funny!!! Yes..fuel pressure gauge...must have item! Really, you have to have the gauge! You'll hate yourself if the VP44 pump goes out due to low pressure.
Mike

·
Premium Member
4,688 Posts
get some pipe..

oh yeah E.O.M.F.D. :beer :beer :beer :beer

1 - 12 of 12 Posts