Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i went to auto-zone and got myself a $10 fix to my fuel cut off problem. here it is!

big money :$:

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
North Texas VP
269 Posts
hey no spark, Your truck looks identical to my first gen, wish I still had it.

·
North Texas VP
269 Posts
LOL i just noticed that

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
242 Posts
im confused. what does this do?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im confused. what does this do?
when you tweak the pump up it blows the fuel cut solenoid up and will keep doing it. this is a manual over ride and is fail safe (i think) instead of always having to replace the part you just do it yourself

·
Registered
242 Posts
where is the fuel cut solenoid and what does it do?

·
Registered
661 Posts
think mine just died turned my key off and engine kept runing? so i poped the hood and pushed the lever to see if it would shut down and it did so should i replace solenoid? anyone know if it can be picked up at a regular car parts store? (i doubt it) or should i just hook up a manual shut off cable????

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
think mine just died turned my key off and engine kept runing? so i poped the hood and pushed the lever to see if it would shut down and it did so should i replace solenoid? anyone know if it can be picked up at a regular car parts store? (i doubt it) or should i just hook up a manual shut off cable????
yeah you should hook up a cable because your just going to keep blowing up solenoids and wasting money. its a little wierd to get use to but after acouple days it becomes the norm:thumbsup

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
yeah you should hook up a cable because your just going to keep blowing up solenoids and wasting money. its a little wierd to get use to but after acouple days it becomes the norm:thumbsup
Nowadays I end up popping the hood on my Toyota trying to turn the engine off. :lol3:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts