Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking and can find a answer. Please help.

1) DPF Delete with or without O2 Bungs? Dose it matter? Why?

2) What are the fluid capacities of.....
Front Diff-
Rear Diff-
Transfer case-
Auto Trans-

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
368 Posts
2) On my 04 which I believe is the same. Difs take 6 quarts for the both. 3.5 in rear 2.5 in front. Transfer case about 2.5 quarts. Trany I let someone else deal with that headache.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
I did my DPF delete like this: pipe with bungs for O2 sensors and sims for the EGT probes because here is how Wally from FTE explained it to me. If your ever out on the road and break down and end up at a dodge dealership they will most likely flash the ECM cause thats just what their fix is for almost everything. So if your like me and have an XRT or what ever programmer you get an ECM flash and boom your programmer no longer works. Well if went the route i did you can still get home just fine cause this is how it was done a long time ago before their were programmers to delete emissions.

For fluid capacities go to amsoil.com type in your truck and they have all the capacities. If you have an auto trans which i see you do i suggest not changing this on your own you will never be able to totally flush your system not unless you have the fancy machines to do it. Because at the dealer they will flush the TQ converter and the cooler. And if they do it right it will be done with hot tranny fluid to expand components and fully flush all components and get most if not all particles out

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
I have been looking and can find a answer. Please help.

1) DPF Delete with or without O2 Bungs? Dose it matter? Why?

2) What are the fluid capacities of.....
Front Diff-
Rear Diff-
Transfer case-
Auto Trans-

Thanks for the help.
Fluid capacities are in your owners manual, as well as fliud types.

Just plug the O2 bungs.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Insane3639- I will check amsoil.com When the time comes I plan to take my truck in to get the trans fluid changed I just wanted to know how much I was going to need to buy and take to the shop. I was thinking about switching to RP or Amsoil. Must places do carry them around here.

Whitenite- I already check my manual it only have motor oil and coolant capacities. It says what type of fluids to use for everything else but no amounts, and what do you mean just plug the bung? I'm new at this.

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
If the pipe comes with bungs for 02 then plug them with threaded plug from parts store .99cents for 2. You should have a DVD with fluid capacities on it that comes with the truck. :confused013:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts