Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused013: I have the dpf-r with the egr unpluged should I deletd the egr and the cross over tube or leave the egr unpluged ? and if I delete the egr do I leave the butterfly in I"m just :confused013: from reading alot today thanks

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone ????

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So No One Knows Please Delete This Tthread Thank You

·
Retired Old Fart!
8,561 Posts
Hey, we do have lives other than here ya know.:S:

I'm running EGR unplugged only. Once it is unplugged you can do what you want. Unplugged is about 95% defeating of the EGR. Blocking/removing tubes would be 100%. I want to be able to restore for service trips quickly.
Now the butterfly... I was leaving the CEL before and had no issue with the butterfly in. Now that I'm code clearing I get some stumbling when I first start her up. I'm sure it is a result of the ECM attempting to divert hot air into the intake via the EGR. It is how they warm up the engine quickly.
Doesa that help you out?
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
i got kinda the same question. i already have my egr delete here but do you need a programmer to be running without a egr or can you delete the damn thing and just get the code and it will run just like when it's unplugged? I don't feel like unplugging it i just wanna delete it all together and am wondering if i should wait with that till i get the smarty or just do it now.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
When I had my EGR unplugged, I had issues with the AR flash - rough idle, chopping light throttle acceleration, etc. It seems to be hit or miss, depending on your flash, what sort of issues you have. None are major issues, but minor problems.

When I did my EGR delete, I removed the butterfly from the intake horn and the rough idle went away - leading me to believe the butterfly valve was the reason for the rough idle. I can't say that for sure, its just what I experienced.

With the EGR deleted, I get the same code as when it was unplugged.

Personally, I'd just block the EGR since you are already running the DPF delete. It provides 100% peace of mind no more soot is going through your motor (and its not that expensive).

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
When I had my EGR unplugged, I had issues with the AR flash - rough idle, chopping light throttle acceleration, etc. It seems to be hit or miss, depending on your flash, what sort of issues you have. None are major issues, but minor problems.

When I did my EGR delete, I removed the butterfly from the intake horn and the rough idle went away - leading me to believe the butterfly valve was the reason for the rough idle. I can't say that for sure, its just what I experienced.

With the EGR deleted, I get the same code as when it was unplugged.

Personally, I'd just block the EGR since you are already running the DPF delete. It provides 100% peace of mind no more soot is going through your motor (and its not that expensive).
Yeah i just didn't know if i could delete it without getting hard codes. The soft codes are fine for now untill i get my smarty. I think i'm gonna take the egr and butterfly valve off tomorrow:thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts