Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im only talking about the motor.

What do i need to do to make sure she runs strong and last. She has 7,800 hours. The oil is clean. I have a smarty. I am soon wanting to do some work to her to get more power. Im thinking turbo, injectors, firstly since its still on the original ones. There is no blow-by, there is an RPM vibration at about 2,700 rpm.

The reason im just now wanting to upgrade is because my Dad just recently got an '05 cummins and wants to go into competition with me.

Also, if anyone has an extra front driveshaft torx bolt.. I need one of them.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Somebody might criticize me for saying this but DRIVE IT. How many miles are on the injectors in the truck? Is there any white smoke upon start up? Excessive crank time? Describe your vibration at 2700 rpms. Does it vibrate free revving or driving? Are you still running stock filtration?

·
Registered
626 Posts
Wow 260k on original injectors... I'd say it's time to replace all before one or more fail on you and the potential to cause damage.. Just my op... Most don't live past 150k ive read, but that means you've maintained them very well..

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My truck does take a little bit longer to start my dads nothing out of the ordinary. There is no white smoke whatsoever. I'm running a stock lift pump with the stock fuel filter in the canister. The vibration I feel is whether you're driving or not. I never really run fuel additives, except for once in the past month. I put Lucas fuel injector cleaner in it, and to my surprise, it actually made the truck idle more smoothly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts