Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys the dyno is May 9th and i want to be over 500hp. I have 5"exhaust,airdog150, adrenaline,150hp sticks,Valair dd, i also switched my HO pump for a SO pump so thats good. I know my HX35 is whats gana hold me back but so im goin with a ht3b under it. What esle do i need?

·
Future Fly Boy!
2,197 Posts
that second turbo should put you there, maybe a little over...that setup w/ stock turbo (no twins) should be somewhere in the 450hp range w/ what you listed

·
Registered
472 Posts
I vote smarty. Just a lil extra down low to get those few more up high. And yes do the twins or a bigger single.

·
Future Fly Boy!
2,197 Posts
doesnt the smarty typically lower your hp on the dyno? unreal on the low end but i thought it actually hurt you on the top end? someone correct me if im wrong:confused013:

·
Registered
472 Posts
doesnt the smarty typically lower your hp on the dyno? unreal on the low end but i thought it actually hurt you on the top end? someone correct me if im wrong:confused013:
If not tuned correctly yes. I remember reading on another thread that a guy running the adr/smarty found he had the best results at smarty 4 and adr 7. But it was more overall H.P. at those numbers. Not the best seat of the pants performance.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Yeah that's what I had always thought, unreal seat of pants feel, but on actual dyno I thought it would actually lower peak numbers a bit. That's just what I heard guys say...correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Future Fly Boy!
2,197 Posts
If not tuned correctly yes. I remember reading on another thread that a guy running the adr/smarty found he had the best results at smarty 4 and adr 7. But it was more overall H.P. at those numbers. Not the best seat of the pants performance.
nice...i have always liked the smarty...do you rember how much, just out of curiosity?

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
What tune are you running on the adrenaline? Are you looking to just lay down big numbers, or you wanna use your daily driving tune on the dyno?

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have a couple diff tunes on my adren. Should i download a Dyno tune and run it and see how it runs and then use that on the dyno?

·
Future Fly Boy!
2,197 Posts
I have a couple diff tunes on my adren. Should i download a Dyno tune and run it and see how it runs and then use that on the dyno?
how many pulls are they giving you? best bet is to experiment w/ a whole bunch...that usually takes a couple of trips though...try a dyno tune and see how she runs...it's all about experimentation

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think we get 2 pulls. So i might run a hot dyno tune and then run the 1001 tune. From what ive run the 1001 tune is real torquey.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
youll be over 500 with twins..

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
get the pulse and tune it better!!my friend gained 75horse on the dyno from the dyno2 tune to my custom tune. He has tons of aftermarket though but even on my truck it made a world of difference when i could turn the fuel stretch up

·
MS Chapter President
3,029 Posts
With a smilar setup and an HTT 62/65/12 I made a consistant 520-530 hp on a couple different dynos. Everytime I have tried or seen anyone try they have lost top end HP with the smarty. I loose 3-4mph on my trap speed at the track and mine is definetley tuned right.

G

·
i beleive the person that gained power with the smarty they gain 6hp with over 3000rpms than without they were sledpulling and every bit counts on power over 3000rpms with a vp since they already hurt so bad on fueling

·
Registered
153 Posts
i lost 6 with my smarty i would say just a turbo if not twins atleast a 62 or 64 little water meth might get you over the hump too!!

·
Registered
929 Posts
If I remember right you're from NE right? If so you're talking about the Kearney dyno eh? I'm thinkin about headin that way as well. Hopin to get some 150's or 200's in by then.

Eric

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.