Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anybody else get as frustrated as i do,,when it comes that time to buy tires..what tire to buy??,,which one has the best wear?,,how are they in the snow??,,road noise?..rock throwin??..it just $ucks..tires are not cheap..such a difficult decision

·
Premium Member
16,203 Posts
I've been using Toyo M-55 for more traction and Toyo H/T for highway.
Been able to get 80-90k miles out of them.
The H/T does great in snow and ice when they're siped.
They are pricey but when you pencil it out you come out ahead in the long run.

·
Kansas Chapter President
1,157 Posts
I've been using Toyo M-55 for more traction and Toyo H/T for highway.
Been able to get 80-90k miles out of them.
The H/T does great in snow and ice when they're siped.
They are pricey but when you pencil it out you come out ahead in the long run.
How have the M-55's worn. I have been looking at those for my 1 ton DRW.

·
Premium Member
16,203 Posts
How have the M-55's worn. I have been looking at those for my 1 ton DRW.
Great. On my dually they were still in decent shape when I replaced them at 92k.
Main reason I switched to the H/T is how impressed I was with how much quieter and smooth the ride was compared to the M-55.
Bet I also had a slight increase in mpg with the H/T too but never figured it out.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
I know the feeling. When its time for new tires, the ones I liked have been discontinued. The old Cooper Discoverer ATs were great all around tires. They were discontinued and replaced with the ATRs. They suck in the winter. I now have 2 sets, one for winter and the other for road construction. (we only have 2 seasons)

·
Registered
36 Posts
I run Terra Grapplers - but I have only had them for about 5K so no real wear comments, but they look sweet and are pretty quiet. As for the M55 - I know when I worked in the oil field they were the only tires we would put on our trucks. They are loud, rough, I, personnally, think they look like crap, but they are tough as nails and are the only tires that would stand up for any length of time.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I just got the Terra Grapplers for plowing this winter and i am extremely impressed with the traction in the snow/ice. Just rotated them at 3k so not sure on wear but they will get you anywhere you want in the snow. Used to have the Cooper Discovery ST's but now they only make the STT's so i took a chance with the nittos and i absolutely love them

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
The only thing I don't like about it is having to by 6 of them lol. However for the tires I am running I ordered them to be delivered to my local Wal-mart. And got them mounted and balanced there.

I usually like supporting local places but, since at the time I needed all 7. It was nearly 700 dollars cheaper to buy from Wal-mart. Which in my book is enough of a difference to go with the chain.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts