Cummins Diesel Forum banner

I guess I'm alone

8K views 33 replies 20 participants last post by  Newfoundland Rob 
#1 ·
Planni8ng a 6bt swap in a 80 gmc, and I may need help.....

#4 ·
Your not alone now! My new to me cummins showes up in Aug:woot:. Have you started the conversion yet?

#8 ·
Cool 4 of us were adding up :lol3:
Hey bigdoughball where are you geting your performance parts??? Anyone out east selling that kinda stuff yet??

#10 ·
Oil filter FS2500 System?

Hi, been wondering if anyone has this mod installed. Looks like a good mod. Anything to keep the soot out of these 6.7 will certainly help. Although the delete from the turbo back seems the way to go.

#11 ·
I am a transplant, from Whitbourne , now in northern Alberta. 2005 cummins one ton, tweaked a little. 1980 cherokee laredo with a first gen cummins dana 60's and more ( in progress )

#14 ·
Hey TurboNewf. This my first time on this forum, so you probably already transplanted your 6BT. I've been purchasing my parts from "Malcolm "@ Harbour City Diesel in Naniamo,BC. Malcolm owns two Cummins power GM's and he did a awsome job on them. He's a super nice guy to deal with, and he sure knows his Cummins engines. Hope to move back East this year--Cheers.:buttkick:

#18 ·
You newfies still lurking around here. Not a lot of diesel guys in Labrador so I spend a lot of tme reading on here.

#19 ·
Ya, I find it hard to get stuff for my truck here in Newfoundland. The Cummins Forum has been pretty helpful though, especially when I was fixing my first gen. Nice to hear from fellow Newfs!

'05 Dually sittin' on 35's, BD Towing Twins, Built 48RE, Flux 3.0 Sticks, Air Dog 165, Banks Monster Ram, Volant CAI (Modified), MBRP Exh, Crazy Larry Tune from Bully Dog.:shots:

#20 ·
just moved here from ontario going to mun for a year in st johns. there are alot of nice trucks around here. here is mine keep an eye out

#22 ·
Is there anywhere around the Avalon to take the truck on some trials? I find small spots here and there but they get tight and become quad paths. I figure this would be a good place to get some good offroading in because Windsor Ontario is flat and full of farms.

#23 ·
careful

Be careful with that quest! Most ,if not all bogs and marshes are protected by law and if you damage that enviroment you will get a fine,and who knows what else.Most land in Newfoundland is either privately owned or crown owned,and sometimes american owned,and most people here dont like tresspassers.Not to say theres no where to go, but you really got to know that its ok to play at what ever place you find.Try google some 4x4 sites.Also you are right about the quad paths!You dont want to scratch up a 65 thousand dollar truck do you or bottom it out on some boulders.Terrain here is just too extream.But hey,you might get lucky and find a jewel of a spot,just get out there and explore.Good luck!

#24 ·
Just got home today from a visit to New harbour. Went into St. John's and CBS, a few other communities, and I saw alot of trucks with the 3 or more driving lights mounted . These were the nice big round ones like 5-6" on alot i saw, wondering if any of you guys have them and where you picked them up? Nice province you guys have there, was 23 years since I was there before so i figured I was due. Did my first Cod fishin trip too...was a blast:thumbsup:

#26 ·
No I didn't. Don't know what I was more scared of, the liquor or kissin the fish! lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.