Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Is there anywhere around the Avalon to take the truck on some trials? I find small spots here and there but they get tight and become quad paths. I figure this would be a good place to get some good offroading in because Windsor Ontario is flat and full of farms.

·
Registered
47 Posts
careful

Be careful with that quest! Most ,if not all bogs and marshes are protected by law and if you damage that enviroment you will get a fine,and who knows what else.Most land in Newfoundland is either privately owned or crown owned,and sometimes american owned,and most people here dont like tresspassers.Not to say theres no where to go, but you really got to know that its ok to play at what ever place you find.Try google some 4x4 sites.Also you are right about the quad paths!You dont want to scratch up a 65 thousand dollar truck do you or bottom it out on some boulders.Terrain here is just too extream.But hey,you might get lucky and find a jewel of a spot,just get out there and explore.Good luck!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Just got home today from a visit to New harbour. Went into St. John's and CBS, a few other communities, and I saw alot of trucks with the 3 or more driving lights mounted . These were the nice big round ones like 5-6" on alot i saw, wondering if any of you guys have them and where you picked them up? Nice province you guys have there, was 23 years since I was there before so i figured I was due. Did my first Cod fishin trip too...was a blast:thumbsup:

·
Registered
282 Posts
No I didn't. Don't know what I was more scared of, the liquor or kissin the fish! lol

·
Registered
28 Posts
I`m in lewisporte here, pretty much half way between Grand falls and Gander

·
Registered
749 Posts
La Scie here! Cheers

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
steel rims

Any body know where i can get a set of steel rims for a 1995 2500 dodge. Got this truck last winter and it came with 17 inch chrome. Would like to have a steel set to use when i go to bay de sphere country for hunting etc. No big panic on rims as I just put the truck into winter storage.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Any body know where i can get a set of steel rims for a 1995 2500 dodge. Got this truck last winter and it came with 17 inch chrome. Would like to have a steel set to use when i go to bay de sphere country for hunting etc. No big panic on rims as I just put the truck into winter storage.
I live in Conne River, grew up in St Alban's, you come down this way hunting ? Who you know down here ? :thumbsup:

Got this 16 pointer couple weeks ago...

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
I missed the picture of the moose when i first read ur email a few wks ago. Do you like the tongue...The most tastey part on the moose. How ur truck working? How long have u had it? I met 2 guys from conne 4 wks ago up to gregs cabin. That was the second time i met them in 4 yrs. They are both from st albans. I forget there names right now. One of them is applying for a piece of land on noel paul,s steady.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I missed the picture of the moose when i first read ur email a few wks ago. Do you like the tongue...The most tastey part on the moose. How ur truck working? How long have u had it? I met 2 guys from conne 4 wks ago up to gregs cabin. That was the second time i met them in 4 yrs. They are both from st albans. I forget there names right now. One of them is applying for a piece of land on noel paul,s steady.
Haha, I'm too squeamish to eat the tounge lol. Love the meat though, that must have been Greg Collier's cabin ? Small world eh. Ever get down our way in the winter ? Great snowmobiling down here.

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
I have been up your way for 35 years. i,m married to a woman from seal cove. been up round pound for 21 yrs. Hope to come up to round pond in late feb or early march for my first skidoo trip. got to keep in touch with greg and they are supposed to let me know if conditions are good . I only have a 1993 and 95 bravo long track. I am currently over hauling both of them and want some extra boogie wheels. They will be good enough for me. At least i own them. i,m more into using quads. My son [shane]would be coming up too. he is 23 and loves it up there. he was going to the marine institute with some one fm conne. Not sure who it was? are you on face book? if so look me up

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have been up your way for 35 years. i,m married to a woman from seal cove. been up round pound for 21 yrs. Hope to come up to round pond in late feb or early march for my first skidoo trip. got to keep in touch with greg and they are supposed to let me know if conditions are good . I only have a 1993 and 95 bravo long track. I am currently over hauling both of them and want some extra boogie wheels. They will be good enough for me. At least i own them. i,m more into using quads. My son [shane]would be coming up too. he is 23 and loves it up there. he was going to the marine institute with some one fm conne. Not sure who it was? are you on face book? if so look me up
Just added you, my name is Robert Hanson :thumbsup: I just ordered my first new skidoo (yes we call them skidoos in NL if anyone else is reading lol), 2013 Summit SP 800R 146". Cant wait to try her out, all we need is some snow :S:

21 - 34 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.