Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

i got a fuel leak.

665 Views 6 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  dvt4u
The valve on the fuel filter assembly is dripping like the valve isn't seating right. It doesn't seem to hold pressure after the truck is off. when i open the valve nothing comes out unless i bump the key and cycle the pump. I think it's due to the valve. There is only a chrysler dealership near me. So where can i get one, how much money, and how much of a pain (will i need to reprime the fuel system) will it be to replace?
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Diesel Filled Veins!
5,772 Posts
If you have an aftermarket fuel pump with filters on it, you can bypass the stock filter housing. If not it's probably an o-ring in that little valve. If the stealership says you need to replace the filter housing, I've heard that can run EXPENSIVE, better to go to a parts yard and get one.

· Registered
20 Posts
what kind of lift pump do you have first? i replaced the one on my truck last year and i searched every dealer in missouri no one had one so i went to a junk yard and got one for $50 and it hasnt leaked since but before i put it on i cleaned it out with some brake clean and changed the o-ring in the valve. if you have a fass pump or something high flow bump the key two or three times and it should start right up

· Premium Member
11,940 Posts
Try pushing down on the valve!!!

· Registered
963 Posts
Dont worry, theres debris stuck in the valve, just hold it down to try and pass it through. If not then pull out the filter and clean out the bottom of the canister. Did you just do a filter change?

Reactions: hogsndogs

· Registered
542 Posts
Dont worry, theres debris stuck in the valve, just hold it down to try and pass it through. If not then pull out the filter and clean out the bottom of the canister. Did you just do a filter change?
:agree2: Mine had the same poblem, you can get a new vavle for more money than its worth or take it off, dissasmble it and clean it all out and for about $1.00 get a new oring (if needed) and put it back together.

Reactions: hogsndogs
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.