Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I HAVE to let this one out and post it up,
Recently I tested with an agency that is going to put me closer to my wife up here In Northern Colorado. As I was driving home, I came across a Safeway gas staion in Firestone that had diesel @ 3.41 a gallon, with the fuel discount It turned out to be 3.38...I think I fainted when I saw that it only cost me 43 bucks to fill up!!

As for the gas, burns good and smokes about the same...Keep your fingers crossed...both that I land the job and that Diesel drops even lower!!
Nate

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
its probably red dye. haha
Why do people from other states always have something to say about our doings? Just trying to work up thier post counts? It alwasys gets on my nerves if we wanted everybody to chime in this would be in a general forum........

·
Not like the others......
4,190 Posts
Why do people from other states always have something to say about our doings? Just trying to work up thier post counts? It alwasys gets on my nerves if we wanted everybody to chime in this would be in a general forum........
Maybe he's just tryin to help out you fellow Colorado people by telling you where he found the cheaper fuel.

This is a public forum BTW. :thud:

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LOL, I Live here too...Kyle is talkin about DIESEL1978, I drive enough to find where the good diesel is hiding...As long as its not a Western Convience store in Castle Rock ;)

·
Not like the others......
4,190 Posts
LOL, I Live here too...Kyle is talkin about DIESEL1978, I drive enough to find where the good diesel is hiding...As long as its not a Western Convience store in Castle Rock ;)
My bad!!
Either way, there's no need to get upset. We're all here to have fun and help each other out. :thumbsup

·
Banned
722 Posts
Im just curious how big ur fuel tank is to fill up completely for 43 bucks when its only avg 40 cents cheaper from everywhere else

·
Registered
647 Posts
He probly fills up to full from half or something

·
Registered
11,094 Posts
Here in San Diego,I filled up with 26.852 [email protected]$4.35. $114.00:CRY::CRY: I can only drive this beast on weekends. It does get identical mileage as an unladen F-150 5.4 and I'm carrying 2000# on my back with wind resistance. Still sucks!

·
Banned
722 Posts
Here in San Diego,I filled up with 26.852 [email protected]$4.35. $114.00:CRY::CRY: I can only drive this beast on weekends. It does get identical mileage as an unladen F-150 5.4 and I'm carrying 2000# on my back with wind resistance. Still sucks!
Just imagine if you had to fill up 105 gallons every day or other day only getting 9-10 mpg:CRY::CRY:

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yup, I top it off after a half a tank....still, its the standard 34 gallon

·
Registered
460 Posts
Good score Nate...
I'm in that area all the time, never noticed. That must be the 17th and pace store?
Thinkin i'll have to fume my way down there Monday and give it a whirl...i've used the fuel from the Safeway on 35th and 10th without any problems thus far. My last trip to Rico, I hand calc'd 21mpg on that trip and fueled up on the way back home in Montrose and got the same coming back. So, til the big brands prove to gimme something more for the buck...Safeway it is. Ahhh...gotta buy groceries tomorrow too...that will gimme a dime or two per gallon.

Thanks for the post!!!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Sweet, now I just have to find a safeway around here that has pumps. Did you use some kind of discount card?

·
Registered
188 Posts
down here in brush there is a save-o-mat sinclar station in the next town (fort morgan) at 3.71 a gallon its been a little rough but at least its not over 4.00 yet (knock on wood)

·
Registered
460 Posts
Sweet, now I just have to find a safeway around here that has pumps. Did you use some kind of discount card?

Yea, the same one that Safeway puts out to give you discounts on your groceries. Its free to sign up and after you get your card, usually you can use your phone number to get the discount. The more you spend in groceries, the more discount you get at the pump. I think its something like for every 50 beans on food...you drop 10 cents a gal. something like that anyway, they change the promotions on it every now and then.

·
Horseback Recluse
691 Posts
I don't know how often you make it down to GJ but there's a couple of Safeway's there. There's also a Western Convenience store and they're pretty cheaper as well, if you call $3.96 cheap :thud:. I've filled up there once. Do they have bad fuel, they are relatively new here so I have no idea as to their quality?

Justin

1 - 20 of 21 Posts