Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was hanging out with my buddy who's a mechanic at Cadillac. Right next door is Ford. He saw I was in my Cummins and I showed him my mods and explained how easy this truck it to work on. That's when he told me something that Shocked the S**t out of me. The Ford mechanics next door have to REMOVE THE CAB!!! to do any engine work because you can NOT remove the cylinder heads on the new PowerJoke 6.4L while in the engine bay. I said what happens to the next guy who buys this truck out of warrentee several years down the line and realizes he can't pull his engine out because he has to lift the Cab. My buddy said he's S.O.L. These trucks are not going to have good resale value out of warrantee.

·
Registered
13,691 Posts
Been that way for a few years with the Fords.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Like four bolts or something. Pretty sure we have been making fun about it for a while lol.

·
Registered
661 Posts
It sucks if you're a home owner, but Ford made the job pretty easy. Like the other guy said, something like 4 bolts, a few harness connectors and the entire cab lifts right off.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
ive had the unfortunate opportunity of turnin some wrenches in the engine bay of the new fords. its awful.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
To put it in the words of the late great Jerry Reed...

"...Lord Mr. Ford, I just wish that you could see, what your simple horseless carriage has become. Well it seems your contribution to man, to say the least, got a little out of hand, well Lord Mr. Ford what have you done... ...Come away with me Lucille in my smoking, choking automobile... " :hehe:

·
Registered
663 Posts
As it was said it was engineered to come off very quickly. I wouldn't mind having one; it would give me another excuse to buy a lift.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Question is did ford make it that easy or have they just gotten real good at it:rof

·
Registered
391 Posts
I was hanging out with my buddy who's a mechanic at Cadillac. Right next door is Ford. He saw I was in my Cummins and I showed him my mods and explained how easy this truck it to work on. That's when he told me something that Shocked the S**t out of me. The Ford mechanics next door have to REMOVE THE CAB!!! to do any engine work because you can NOT remove the cylinder heads on the new PowerJoke 6.4L while in the engine bay. I said what happens to the next guy who buys this truck out of warrentee several years down the line and realizes he can't pull his engine out because he has to lift the Cab. My buddy said he's S.O.L. These trucks are not going to have good resale value out of warrantee.
Almost seven years out of the loop bud. That new PowerJoke 6.4L that has been out since 2007 was replaced by a Ford in-house 6.7L in the Spring of 2010.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts