Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was under my truck tightning the oil pan bolts up a little bit. And stumble across a couple wires that looked kinda not original ya know. Well I start to trace them and come to find out. The previous owner had installed a hpfp fass fuel pump. Wow, I couldn't believe it. It's just the fass pump, not the system. I now know why at idle my fuel pressure is 20psi lol. Well my question is, should I still save for the fass system or will this suffice until I get a few upgrades? How much hp is achievable with this pump? It's still got the 3/8" fuel line. Thanks

·
Registered
401 Posts
i would say u will be just fine for a while.... get the adrenaline and set the defuel on the fuel pressure, i would think ull be alright for a while

·
Registered
75 Posts
thats a good find! the pressure should be fine. thats pretty high, so i think that even with the adrenalin you should be fine.

·
It's got 12 Valves...
5,009 Posts
Keep that pressure at or below 20psi and you will be ok...an Adrenaline would be a nice addition for sure :thumbsup.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've heard good things about the quad adr, but I've also heard it has a nasty surging problem. I'm kinda leaning towards a smarty/comp stack, what do ya think?

·
It's got 12 Valves...
5,009 Posts
I've heard good things about the quad adr, but I've also heard it has a nasty surging problem. I'm kinda leaning towards a smarty/comp stack, what do ya think?

SMARTY/Comp stack is proven to work great...but I have heard awesome things about the Adrenaline and I see a lot of guys selling their SMARTY/Comp stacks to buy an Adrenaline so that must be a sign that it is not too bad :thumbsup.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I hear that. What is the difference in the fass system over just the pump like I have? Thanks....Mike

·
Registered
75 Posts
the smarty has had some issues with surging but that was with big sticks and a larger turbo. from the feed back that i have seen on many of the board the adr. is the way to go. and unlike the smarty it actually has updates for it. if i was looking to buy something for my pickup it would be a adr.

·
It's got 12 Valves...
5,009 Posts
I hear that. What is the difference in the fass system over just the pump like I have? Thanks....Mike

The full FASS system has an air separator and fuel filter on it. The HPFP is just the pump that draws the fuel from the tank and then sends it to your factory under the hood filter. Unless you have an aftermarket fuel filtration kit installed along the frame rail or somewhere before the engine, you are probably still filtering through your stock canister mounted back on the engine just below the map sensor. It is still a great system and I had it on my 01 and it worked awesome. :thumbsup

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so it would supply enough fuel to run a smarty/comp stack or adrenaline?

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Just ad something like this then you'll have the filters to go with the pump.......

Less than $100 to put it all together.

·
Registered
436 Posts
That's pretty sweet!!:thumbsup
where did you get those filter heads?

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Napa. There's a thread on here somewhere about building this setup with baldwin part numbers. I just crossed them over to Napa numbers. I've got less than $80 in the setup. But the fittings I got from work.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts